Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Texas school shooting

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
That is true, but it's the argument employed when people ask for stricter gun controls. It's really about how easily guns can be accessed. Imagine that you are a responsible gun owner and you have your guns in a locked container. You have a nephew who you have taken to the shooting range a few times and given an overview of correct gun maintenance etc. That nephew knows where you store the guns and keep the key. One day he shoots up the school.

You are no longer a 'responsible' gun owner.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Keep up with the news ****wit.

What does that have to do with you being both a dickhead and wrong?

If they truly want to fix these issues fix the health system in regards to mental illness.

Plenty of other nations have guns. They just have a better system to deal with their mentally ill.

The majority of these shooters have mental illnesses that have gone unseen or unchecked.

This I'm with you on. Health reform is desperately needed the US. But it's not, as you portray it, the only nessisary course of action.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What does that have to do with you being both a dickhead and wrong?

Oh I was very much right.

That image and the spiel on it was 100% wrong. Or as you disputing this truth?

This I'm with you on. Health reform is desperately needed the US. But it's not, as you portray it, the only nessisary course of action.

It's the only course of action if you don't want some sort of civil war and even more blood shed.

What do you suggest they do that appeases all invested parties?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tower-film-america-first-mass-shooting-austin-texas/

Maitland said many mass killings prior to Whitman’s had clearer motives. What occurred at the University of Texas was targeting people with no connection to the sniper.

“These random public acts are the most terrifying because there’s nothing you can do to prevent them. There’s no amount of vigilance you can have with somebody, especially a long-range sniper,” Maitland said. “That’s where the real turning point is in the story of public crime.”

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You mean it took you over a year to figure that out?

Having that orange faced goon standing on the world stage representing the worlds principal superpower isn't just terrifying its the best evidence we have that the human race has reached the end of the road. It is all downhill to oblivion for us.it'll take the USA many years to recover and repair the damage that Trump has done so far...he's got another 3 years to totally destroy everything that they've built since 1776.

Despite all that within the US his popularity numbers have gone up. The Americans that support Trump say that "Yes, he is an asshole but look at some of his accomplishments".

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So, what's YOUR answer [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] ? Are you just offering "thoughts and prayers" or do you have an idea that will help. Knocking everyone else's solution is all well and good, but what would you do?

the security protocol that was put in place after September 11 at airports. No more plane hijacks. Likewise these school shooters are carrying dufflebags, an armed security guard would be a great deterrent

Beyond that anyone with criminal convictions needs a psychological evaluation before they can buy.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It's all risk for the Givernment that does it,

Firstly, Givernment? Freudian slip lol.:)

because there will always be people like [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION] who just shoot down (pun intended) any suggestion of progress, .

Progress towards what? Im not hearing offers of a final settlement on gun control, just outliers like school shootings used to promote draconian and absolute gun confiscation. Americans are wise enough to not play those games. Dont call them stupid because they are tacticity smarter than you.

You also, as do all the others make good points but never frame the argument in the context of risk. ie you are also gambling you wont need to own guns and you are also gambling on the behalf of others.

Maybe your at the safe end of risk, the other being you change your mind 3 seconds before you get your brains blown out.

But with increasing moral collapse and rising political and religious violence your position is becoming increasingly reckless, true maybe still low risk but 2 questions. Are you confident you know where that point is, where you will say I need personal defence? Secondly shouldn't you be allowed firearms before you reach the point?

Oh and thirdly, do you want to take your personal saftey advice from the people in here who are totally ignorant and reckless about mass immigration and the negative consequences of islamic terrorism?

Put another way I see politics collapsing into those who have a survival instinct and the opposite, those who have a death wish. Couched in those terms your taking advice on the safety of yourself and your kin from those who have a death wish.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
the security protocol that was put in place after September 11 at airports. No more plane hijacks. Likewise these school shooters are carrying dufflebags, an armed security guard would be a great deterrent

Beyond that anyone with criminal convictions needs a psychological evaluation before they can buy.

The Americans that favour the NRA will not give an inch. It's like a vessel that holds water that springs a leak. If any water gets out eventually all the water will leak out. There is absolutely no compromise on the gun lovers side.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Progress towards what?

Seriously? You don't even know what "progress" I could be referring to?

Progress towards a safer environment, a World where school shootings are not so commonplace in America that they barely hold the headlines beyond a few hours.

The biggest problem for me is that the NRA stance, and the "2nd Amendment" bores just stifle any sort of discussion about how these horrifying statistics can be reversed. Their only view is MORE GUNS, and that's it nothing else can even be debated.

You say armed security at the entrances, because, as you rightly say the increased security at airports has indeed meant we have not seen a repeat of the hijacks of September 11. But that doesn't mean terrorism has stopped, it's just moved from planes to concert venues of trucks mounting the pavement, because those added guns at the airports didn't address the root cause. Likewise, while armed security at every school will mean a lunatic teen with a desire to go out in a shootout will not be marching down school corridors, that angry young man, armed to the teeth and set to go out in a hail of gunfire will just go somewhere else. Are you having armed security at every park, every football field, every baseball field.

There needs to be something that stops it BEFORE we get to the point of that unhinged kid roaming the streets looking for where he can unload his assault rifles on innocent people.

I'll ignore the bits about "Americans being tactically smarter than me" but if you could find a typo in there somewhere, do point it out because that sort of retort is absolutely hilarious.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The same thing Democrats said about Bill Clinton.

But let's make this clear. Bill Clinton was a sexual deviant, same as Trump, but he was never both a sexual deviant and an asshole as is Trump.

Clinton was also never stupid enough to spell Hillary's name wrong, especially on a day she was coming home from hospital.

I wonder how many times Melania Trump has wondered if there truly might be some bimbo named Melanie who her husband has grabbed in the nether regions that calls the White House switchboard and uses some kind of code to get in one of those many rooms at the White House.for a clandestine meeting with the chief executive.

Last edited:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Despite all that within the US his popularity numbers have gone up. The Americans that support Trump say that "Yes, he is an asshole but look at some of his accomplishments".

You then ask them what those 'accomplishments' are, and it's "deport a buncha Mexicans" and not much else.
The economy's substantially where it was two years ago.
No new wars started; no old wars ended -- yet.

It's all promises, and Mexicans.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You then ask them what those 'accomplishments' are, and it's "deport a buncha Mexicans" and not much else.
The economy's substantially where it was two years ago.
No new wars started; no old wars ended -- yet.

It's all promises, and Mexicans.

It's not what I say, it's what Trump supporters say. A lot of them point to North Korea and say "keep 'em there" but they also say Trump accomplished getting Kim to the negotiating table. I say he hasn't accomplished a thing until Kim actually makes meaningful concessions.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Perceptions of the state of the economy are largely partisan.

I wouldn't expect foreign policy views to be different absent more or fewer shooting wars.

I do believe your article reflecs the belief of many Americans about their personal economy. For many Republicans in the rural areas it has gone up due to Trump administration policies and for many Democrats their personal economies are not getting much better.

One area for rural people is the farming economy. Farmers, whose numbers are way down compared to past numbers--fewer farmers are producing food in larger and larger quantities on smaller and smaller pieces of land due to improved farming methods--are seeing their economies heading way down due to Trump's protectionist policies. They need the Chinese to buy their products or the Brazilians will slip in and take their place. That is one area Trump is getting hurt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here