Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 140
  1. #71
    Members Fignon's Ponytail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    On the Beach
    Posts
    1,171


    0 Not allowed!
    I used to love the World Cup, but over the last few competitions I've found myself to be not that fussed about it. I just dont think it has that same WOW factor about it any more. As Pavilionaire says, maybe thats something to do with the amount of football that is on TV now compared to when we were younger, & didn't have access to so much of it through the course of the year?

    I expect I will do the sweep-stake at work, but doubt I will watch many, if any, games this time around.
    "We are not footballers....we are cyclists."

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      51,226


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fignon's Ponytail View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I used to love the World Cup, but over the last few competitions I've found myself to be not that fussed about it. I just dont think it has that same WOW factor about it any more. As Pavilionaire says, maybe thats something to do with the amount of football that is on TV now compared to when we were younger, & didn't have access to so much of it through the course of the year?

      I expect I will do the sweep-stake at work, but doubt I will watch many, if any, games this time around.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #73
      Members
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Posts
      170


      0 Not allowed!
      Yep really looking forward to it.I shall be on holiday so scuba during the day and footy in the evening,Supporting England will be fun as the resort is mostly Russian.
    • #74
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Posts
      1,311


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by veuve View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep really looking forward to it.I shall be on holiday so scuba during the day and footy in the evening,Supporting England will be fun as the resort is mostly Russian.
      Remember no drinking alcohol the night before scuba diving or during the day of a night dive. Personally, I can't imagine watching England without a beer, far too stressful.

      I am looking forward to the WC though. I don't have Sky so it is a good chance to watch a load of football. Tend to watch the England matches in a pub though.
    • #75
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Norway
      Posts
      515


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oooh. Been waiting for a WALL CHART. Where from please?
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...018+wall+chart

      If you don’t feel the £6 version does your office/toilet/garage wall justice then you can buy a magnetic version for £65. Framed, of course.
    • #76
      Members Perfidious Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      At the end of my tether
      Posts
      2,534


      0 Not allowed!
      YES! It will make the Summer , which is usually without football.
      Mind you, I have less hope for England, seeing the inexperienced squad....
      the competition could be quite lively given our political situation with Russia , their fans reputation and all. I would not go.
    • #77
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      44,798


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Question to those who are saying, they're not interested any more because England have been rubbish for years ........ did you say the same about Brighton when we were rubbish?
      Oh I’m interested but I’m over being pissed off when we play shit because I now expect to fail with a whimper, it used to be a glorious failure years ago. Is it wrong to EXPECT a national team with the number of players in England to be decent footballers who can take on the world? It would have been plain daft to expect Brighton to do anything but struggle when we were rubbish, as the club had been raped. Totally totally different supporting your local club and your national side imo and I can draw no parallels at all between supporting the Albion and supporting England. I will always really care how the Albion do, I really no longer care how England do but it would be good if they could give us a bit of excitement this time around.
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come
    • #78
      Members Shooting Star's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      Coventry
      Posts
      1,494


      1 Not allowed!
      Bloody love a World Cup and have zero expectations for England which could make it an even more enjoyable tournament as they could surprise us all!
      "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." (Philippians 1:21)
    • #79
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,330


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SK1NT View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      1990 best world cup. Being 10 that felt like the most magical time football has ever been for me.

      I remember rushing home from the park to watch the opening game. I remember more about this world cup than all the other put together.

      Although the world cup has lost it's shine for me for several reasons, corruption, England being crap, ungrateful primadonna footballers however i shall still be looking forward to this one... it's football after all.
      I would have been about 13. The best World Cup in my lifetime (for England) by a country mile, from the opening thrashing of Argentina and Miller doing his wiggle by the corner flag
    • #80

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you get your son to watch Tunisia v Panama you’re denying him England v Belgium as they’re being played at the same time (unless you’re setting up a multi-screen system in your house to make sure you don’t miss anything, in which case I salute you).

      I know this because I put my giant wall chart up this morning. Can’t wait for the World Cup.
      i'm overly excited already!
      where did you get your giant wallchart from? ta!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •