Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Not really. I'll watch tons of it, because I do enjoy WC games, but the FA have made England so bad it's taken half the fun out of it for me.
    Hold tight, my man
    He's got the frisbee

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Not really, all the supporters of the top six will have a problem seeing the likes of de Bruyne, Salah, Aguero bearing down on our goal...................divided loyalties ?

0 Not allowed!
      Aye I might buy a sticker book for Meade Jr to store in years to come - am hopeful that hairstyles across the globe remain ludicrous. I don't usually enjoy watching England play, but there might be moments to be impressed by, and I'll relish a madcap sending off and, for the first time really, treat it as a scouting mission to lust for a sweet-toed Iranian fullback to turn up in stripes towards the summer end.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm VERY excited about the World Cup, I always am. Regardless of how England do, I just totally immerse myself in the tournament and watch as much of it as I can. 2, 3 sometimes 4 games a day, whats not to like ??

Flexitime at work means that if there's a 4pm game I want to watch, I can mince off at 3.30 and be in the brace position for kickoff. I'll have a TV set up outside so I can watch loads of it in the garden, standing over my grill, beers in the cooler. A few cheeky accas to lend more of an edge to Costa Rica v Serbia, or Uruguay v Russia. There's a sweepstake going on at my local, and they're setting up a TV outside as well.

Scenes. Absolute scenes.
      Predicting great weather here, but it often seems that way when the WC's on. I work for myself so I can see all the matches I want. A similar timezone to us in Russia is great; none of early starts of the Japan/Korea WC.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      Yep my youngest has got into football so much so he gets up in the morning to watch highlights of the Premier league. He'd even sit through West Brom v Stoke which gives me confidence I can get him to watch Tunisia v Panama. Irrespective, last summer was wall to wall love Island in our house so reclaiming the TV brexit style makes it worthwhile whatever happens.

I don't have great expectations for England but a good performance is coming. The younger age groups are doing well - we have competitions in 2 age groups -and whilst the last Euros was disastrous in the end we had been alright to that point. The 90th minute winner against Wales wasn't a hoof into the box but good movement in and around it and on another day we would have wiped the floor with Russia. The draw is kind and Southgate at least seems to have a plan in his head even if on the face of it it doesn't seem to make much sense. We might do better than we think.
      If you get your son to watch Tunisia v Panama you’re denying him England v Belgium as they’re being played at the same time (unless you’re setting up a multi-screen system in your house to make sure you don’t miss anything, in which case I salute you).

I know this because I put my giant wall chart up this morning. Can’t wait for the World Cup.
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      I was thinking more of the time he pulled the names and numbers out of the 'hat' and discovered he'd lost one down the settee.
      That gloriously shambolic sweepstake organised by @Tom Hark, Preston Park was and still remains one of all-time favourite NSC moments

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      I'm VERY excited about the World Cup, I always am. Regardless of how England do, I just totally immerse myself in the tournament and watch as much of it as I can. 2, 3 sometimes 4 games a day, whats not to like ??

Flexitime at work means that if there's a 4pm game I want to watch, I can mince off at 3.30 and be in the brace position for kickoff. I'll have a TV set up outside so I can watch loads of it in the garden, standing over my grill, beers in the cooler. A few cheeky accas to lend more of an edge to Costa Rica v Serbia, or Uruguay v Russia. There's a sweepstake going on at my local, and they're setting up a TV outside as well.

Scenes. Absolute scenes.
      What's the deal with glare on the screen outside? Was thinking of doing similar but need to work out the logistics
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'll start getting excited when the wallchart goes up. It will be a while yet ...
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      I'll start getting excited when the wallchart goes up. It will be a while yet ...
      Subscribed to Sky Sports fixture calendar on phone.

When Saturday Comes magazine/wallchart on shopping list.
      Forever a DAFT Bint

0 Not allowed!
      Yes and no. Yes to the football but a big no to both the BBC and ITV coverage I will be turning on right on kick off and muting the commentary.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18