Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

hawaii-kilauea-volcano-lava-bruce-omori-1.jpg

hawaii-volcano-eruptions-3.jpg

volcano-32.jpg

hawaii-volcano-golf-kilauea-1.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm actually quite surprised at how little coverage this is getting on the news (possibly because of the ginger toff getting married).
Yesterday's eruption sent ash clouds 30,000ft in the air. That's hardly a little puff of smoke and almost certainly a warning for what's coming.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I'm actually quite surprised at how little coverage this is getting on the news (possibly because of the ginger toff getting married).
Yesterday's eruption sent ash clouds 30,000ft in the air. That's hardly a little puff of smoke and almost certainly a warning for what's coming.

I read on one of the BBC news reports about the eruption that:
Kilauea is one of the world's most active volcanoes and has been in constant eruption for 35 years.
which may help explain why there hasn't been a lot of coverage about it and possibly also why some photos show people playing golf with the volcano spewing ash high into the air in the background, it's quite a normal occurrence there

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It was on the news loads last week

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
To quote one international news outlet:

"the lava is flowing faster than Glenn Murray chasing a halfway line through ball..."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The advance of that Hawaiian lava is reminiscent of Murray and Gross catching a team on the break.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This picture is also a metaphor for Donald Trump dealing with his problems during his presidency

I believe it's a sign that the gods are angry. They can only be appeased by throwing a sitting president into the crater.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8460774 said:
That whole area is a known lava flow and people never should have been allowed to build homes there.

Always struck me as odd how people return to the area and rebuild their homes after an eruption. Happens all over the world. I guess home is home, regardless of the risk of immolation by molten rock.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I believe it's a sign that the gods are angry. They can only be appeased by throwing a sitting president into the crater.

I mean it's worth a try TBH

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Always struck me as odd how people return to the area and rebuild their homes after an eruption. Happens all over the world. I guess home is home, regardless of the risk of immolation by molten rock.

They are now higher up, so they probably have a better view. :dunce:

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
To quote one international news outlet:

"the lava is flowing faster than Glenn Murray chasing a halfway line through ball..."

Excellent, henceforth I shall use this line on bemused residents, nothing better than whooshing the "Murrican" natives.

Maui is adjacent to Hawaii island (aka the Big Island) where the eruptions are, so we only get affected when the prevailing trade winds fade (occasionally) and the sulphuric volcanic fog (Vog) descends, resulting in asthmatics, pensioners, small dogs etc, having to huddle indoors. Our huge volcano is officially dormant, the last minor lava flow sputtering back in the 1700s. BUT this latest contretemps with Madam Pele (Goddess of our Volcanoes) is understandably front and center on all our news progs. Imagine the Isle of Wight going up in smoke.

Anyway, it may be time to spray the Humble Grass Hut with flame retardant just in case the balloon goes up. In other local news, yet another shark attack and on the bright side, Surf's Up :tumble: :tumble:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
edited for you
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8460774 said:
That whole area is known as amex and people never should have been allowed to build Glenn Murray and Pascal Gross there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here