Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Nextdoor local message board....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The wife suggested that I join the new local message board called next door about local issues for local people close to you....

Christ on a unicycle....

It’s dreadful every now and again someone is advertising something from sandals or someone wanted to know if there was a local trumpet teacher available... it took a lot for me not to reply and suggest tinder...

Anyone else seen this site, it’s madness

Someone recently posted this

Ground sheet
Ground sheet 10 ft by 10.
Needs hosepipe on it, a bit dusty.
£5 Patcham

Attachments

• D1FF6E92-9E43-44C2-8F2D-1C636249D2D0.jpeg
    D1FF6E92-9E43-44C2-8F2D-1C636249D2D0.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 966

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Haha! Similarly I joined up on someone's recommendation but it seems pretty crap in general.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
We have it in the US too, I recently bought a new car and noticed a Next Door post stating a suspicious unknown car was driving through the area, and not to worry as they had alerted the local PD. Identified it as my car make, model and colour :lolol:

I asked them if it was this car and took a snap of mine with me sitting in it like a dickhead, they promptly removed the post. So so stupid.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We have one in Lancing it's mostly awful either IKEA, Traffic, Lost Cats or reports of unrecognised vans driving around

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Gumtree and Friday ad are a bit like this in terms of adverts now, at times. Along the lines of: broken sofa, stain remains from the guy who died in it, not fire safe, £600.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
The wife suggested that I join the new local message board called next door about local issues for local people close to you....

Christ on a unicycle....

It’s dreadful every now and again someone is advertising something from sandals or someone wanted to know if there was a local trumpet teacher available... it took a lot for me not to reply and suggest tinder...

Anyone else seen this site, it’s madness

Someone recently posted this

Ground sheet
Ground sheet 10 ft by 10.
Needs hosepipe on it, a bit dusty.
£5 Patcham

So, was this person (assume a woman) waiting for someone to offer to supply a 'hosepipe' at her place or his?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm on the Bexhill facebook group and I find it hilarious.

There are a few posters who would be perfect for NSC, from yesterday "anybody know what the sirens around Little Common are for" 1st reply "there's an emergency"

Also yesterday somebody had found a mobile phone and suggested if somebody had lost there's and could let them know were they lost it and they could have it back. Somebody replied saying why not drop it into the police station to which the finder replied they were too busy and then got all argumentative.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I'm on the Bexhill facebook group and I find it hilarious.

There are a few posters who would be perfect for NSC, from yesterday "anybody know what the sirens around Little Common are for" 1st reply "there's an emergency"

Also yesterday somebody had found a mobile phone and suggested if somebody had lost there's and could let them know were they lost it and they could have it back. Somebody replied saying why not drop it into the police station to which the finder replied they were too busy and then got all argumentative.

Why don't you reply saying "I would ring you but I have lost my mobile phone" :lolol:
Probably it will be a "whoosh"

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I just read the message updates, seems to be inspiring people to join their local facebook community group. I had about a 3 month flame war with a village group in Hertfordshire, F knows how I ended up a member,

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
It's terrible here as well - adverts or moaners. Cancelled after a couple of days. :yawn:

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
I love the Lancing one, although is a bit scary the people we live with. Just one from this week "drove past the Alisshan restaurant this week never noticed it before, has anyone ever eaten there"
Now my memory is not the best but it must have been there 20 years at least

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The asking for a nominal amount for stuff you should be giving away free is to get rid of wannabe Del Boy types who take EVERYTHING and end up dumping what they can't then sell wherever they can get rid of it for free - ditches, playing fields, whatever.

But even then, 50p is your nominal amount for something ratty not a fiver. And that's not even worth giving away free.

Locally its all Facebook and there's three separate groups so I've never bothered with the buy and sell one. The news one is moderated by someone who makes Hyacinth Bucket look perfectly normal when it comes to committees and the more general 'chat' one turns in to a political mess at times, usually the local Sinn Fein councillor mouthing off about everything. (We have 9 councillors in one ward and transferrable vote, you don't need much to get elected hence the SF member...)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here