Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Street cleaners

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do Brighton Council no longer employ street cleaners? Wife and I walked from Waitrose to Churchill Sq along Western Rd and were astonished at the state of the pavements which were very heavily laden with litter, fag ends and dog muck I know it is the reponsibility of indivduals but surely the council must have some responsibility.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Do Brighton Council no longer employ street cleaners? Wife and I walked from Waitrose to Churchill Sq along Western Rd and were astonished at the state of the pavements which were very heavily laden with litter, fag ends and dog muck I know it is the reponsibility of indivduals but surely the council must have some responsibility.

Blame the Tory cuts to local council services

#cutshaveconsequences

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If only we live in a perfect world.

I'm not asking for a perfect world ...... I'm asking that any human with any sense of understanding for the local environment makes the effort to not drop rubbish, not drop fag butts and doesn't leave their dog shit around. Even the thickest, most moronic, dickhead can do that surely ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Could they not reduce the parking wardens by 2 and employ 2 litter wardens ( as per Crawley) whose wages would be well covered by on the spot fines.covering mainly the major roads like London Rd, Western Road and St James's St.

Entirely agree with you BG. People parking in a space for 15 minutes or more get a fine ..... almost guaranteed. People that drop litter, shit or fag butts don't. But of course the council go after the easy money target.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
Could they not reduce the parking wardens by 2 and employ 2 litter wardens ( as per Crawley) whose wages would be well covered by on the spot fines.covering mainly the major roads like London Rd, Western Road and St James's St.

If the litter wardens would pay for themselves, is there any need to reduce the parking wardens?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Brighton council are far to busy,offering support for jihadis is far more important than keeping the streets clean..some taxpayers are just nasty little Englanders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'm not asking for a perfect world ...... I'm asking that any human with any sense of understanding for the local environment makes the effort to not drop rubbish, not drop fag butts and doesn't leave their dog shit around. Even the thickest, most moronic, dickhead can do that surely ?

I think you underestimate the number of thick, moronic, dickheads about!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Apparantly not, sad sad world isn't it?

SAC

May 21, 2014
Look at the side of the motorways and dual carriageways or down on the pavements and you will see how selfish people really are. Not enough people can be bothered to take litter with them and the local government can't afford to pay people to either collect the litter or enforce the legislation trying to stop people littering.

A lot of smokers, who wouldn't dream of dropping a crisp packet, feel that they can drop their fag ends anywhere they like.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Look at me, I shop in Waitrose [emoji112][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look at the side of the motorways and dual carriageways or down on the pavements and you will see how selfish people really are. Not enough people can be bothered to take litter with them and the local government can't afford to pay people to either collect the litter or enforce the legislation trying to stop people littering.

A lot of smokers, who wouldn't dream of dropping a crisp packet, feel that they can drop their fag ends anywhere they like.

Road verges are appalling, they are full of empty energy drink cans, takeaway coffee cups and fast food packaging.

Disgusting.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Was that today? I walked along half of that route yesterday, and it wasn't as bad you describe. Maybe the litter louts and dog walkers all went out overnight.

Incidentally, there are street cleaners in Brighton, because I've seen them.

£1.99

Mar 3, 2008
Entirely agree with you BG. People parking in a space for 15 minutes or more get a fine ..... almost guaranteed. People that drop litter, shit or fag butts don't. But of course the council go after the easy money target.

But you will get a fine if seen dropping litter in Brighton, think it's £75.

These are the people who hand out the fines

https://youtu.be/oLaMkRyWPvc

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Just another little reminder of what a crap " Society " we really are. There was a debate on 5live last week talking about litter, someone said that in Japan there are no litter bins in public parks, it is the responsibility of the public to take their litter home..., and it apparently works. Love to see the council remove the litter bins along Hove Lawns on Friday afternoon and see wha'ts left there on Sunday evening ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here