Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Street cleaners

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, that's incredible, I was totally wrong, I had no idea Liverpool was so much more popular as a tourist destination. So why IS Brighton so much worse? Do we get the 'wrong sort' of visitors?
    Me neither....nearly fell of my chair when I saw those numbers ! Look like decent, consistent sources of info too so presumably reliable.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      Maybe the food outlets and coffee shops where the greater majority of this crap comes from should employ someone to clear the rubbish from their immediate area
      i think you'll find they do. at least they used to, recall McDonalds used to have people picking up rubbish and sponsoring bins.

but really, this just excuses the culprit, the person who litters.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Was that today? I walked along half of that route yesterday, and it wasn't as bad you describe. Maybe the litter louts and dog walkers all went out overnight.

Incidentally, there are street cleaners in Brighton, because I've seen them.
      there are less of them though and they have been given bigger areas to clean

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      It turns out you should have googled before posting.

I'm glad I did.
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      My input was supposed to be sarcastic, however they can vote.

https://www.yourvotematters.co.uk/ca...-fixed-address
      Always happy to learn something new
      He moves like dagger!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Thomas View Post
      Always happy to learn something new
      As every good person should acknowledge, sign of a good person is someone willing to compromise, reason, learn and move forward.
      PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Do Brighton Council no longer employ street cleaners? Wife and I walked from Waitrose to Churchill Sq along Western Rd and were astonished at the state of the pavements which were very heavily laden with litter, fag ends and dog muck I know it is the reponsibility of indivduals but surely the council must have some responsibility.
      Brighton & Hove Council Website:

Our street sweeping staff take a lot of pride in their job and ensure that the city’s streets are swept on a regular basis. Heavily used areas like the city centre and the seafront receive daily attention due to the amount of litter created. Less busy and residential streets receive a sweep when necessary, in most cases once a week.

Litter and detritus (leaves, grit and other natural material which has broken down) is collected together from the pavements and road side by our street sweeping staff. This is then put into beige coloured bags and placed on street corners and by litter bins for our street cleaning staff to quickly collect using caged vehicles. Caged vehicles are flatbed trucks with a large wire frame on the back. These vehicles are also used for removing fly-tips and clearing litter bins across the city.

Our street sweeping service adapts to the seasons as shown below.

Summer
      In summer when the number of people walking through our city increases our street sweeping staff extend the time spent in the busy areas. This includes the city centre, shopping areas and the seafront.

Autumn
      In autumn our street sweepers spend time collecting a total of around 80 tonnes of fallen leaves from the pavements and road sides.

Winter
      In winter our street sweeping staff help in gritting the city and ensuring as much of it as possible is kept clear and safe.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

0 Not allowed!
      Friends who haven't been down here for a few years came to visit recently and were appalled at the amount of dog shit everywhere.
      برايتون حتى أموت

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      £250 for dropping litter
      £500 for failing to clean up after your dog

Those should be the penalties imposed as a minimum.

Employ jobseekers as lookouts with a 50% fine retention to the jobseeker for each fine imposed.

Will reduce the benefits bill and clean up our cities at the same time.
      And would be a worthwhile job, so it’s a this from me!!

0 Not allowed!
      Street cleaners cleaning the streets of Windsor on Meridian Tonight.

Perhaps Brighton and Hove council have sent our street cleaners to Windsor to help with the wedding effort.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf's Up View Post
      Friends who haven't been down here for a few years came to visit recently and were appalled at the amount of dog shit everywhere.
      Here in sunny Leigh on Sea we have a local council candidate known as "Dogshit Man" his sole manifesto promise is to deal with dogshit, to punish dogshit offenders and banish dogs (and their shit) from areas popular with families and children. He's never been elected but stands each and every time we vote.

Unlike the (complacent) Tory candidate and the (no hope) labour and lib dem stooges, he canvasses, knocks on doors and is totally fixated on dogshit. His flyers are hilarious as they feature many photos of dogshit and not much else.

I have voted for him at every opportunity, he's gaining ground and winning votes...VOTE DOGSHIT MAN!
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.