Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosesnior-When Brighton told me I was being released, it was a bitter pill to swallow

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That man, that man there ..... Is class.
Hope that he can keep playing for a club down this neck of the woods for stability for his kids. When he hangs up his playing boots he's going to have a lot more options than the vast majority of players. A tip top fella.

Well done and thanks.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I know some people on here don't like going on about former players coming back, but just imagine a backroom staff of Rosenior, Calde and Bruno! Three true legends of the Amex era of the club.

This really would be the dream team, working behind Chris ! Would love to see this happen and would instill the perfect DNA within our squad.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Liam is going to be a star again in the future. This man has the temperament and intelligence to go on to be a great manager. He was a great leader for us at Brighton - his chin up gesture typified his desire, fight and belief and transmuted itself to the supporters. He'll do the same for fellow professionals and I've no doubt go on to lead teams. An inspiring player and writer.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This really would be the dream team, working behind Chris ! Would love to see this happen and would instill the perfect DNA within our squad.

I mean, I've no idea if any/all of them would make the grade as a high-level manager, but the way they conduct themselves on and off the pitch suggests that they would bring their playing ethos to the other side of the business. I will never forget the sight of Calde, having been left out of the matchday squad, on his own sprinting up and down in front of the East Stand. Not to make a point that he was fit, but just because he lives and breaths football. Bruno's attention to detail is very well documented and Liam – through his writing, actions and commentary – is doubtless of the same mentality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

A management team of four full backs? I love them all but I think we should be aiming for more of a balance (although our current backroom staff are all defenders too)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A management team of four full backs? I love them all but I think we should be aiming for more of a balance (although our current backroom staff are all defenders too)

I never would have guessed!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Makes one wonder why were rather woeful at defending set pieces.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Makes one wonder why were rather woeful at defending set pieces.

Not been able to find any stats to confirm it, but did we largely get this resolved in the second half of the season ? Was absolutely dreading corners up to Christmas but my sense is things improved a fair bit afterwards. Could be wrong.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Liam is going to be a star again in the future. This man has the temperament and intelligence to go on to be a great manager. He was a great leader for us at Brighton - his chin up gesture typified his desire, fight and belief and transmuted itself to the supporters. He'll do the same for fellow professionals and I've no doubt go on to lead teams. An inspiring player and writer.

This in spades.

Thanks Liam, the very best of luck and really hope we see you back before too long.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Top pro, and in that season he got injured I voted for him as player of the year. Just an exemplary professional, and intelligent and articulate with it.

We're going to miss the steadying influence of Liam, Steve Sidwell and Uwe Hunemeier next season in the squad.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
When Calderon and Greer left I thought we'd taken a risk. Losing Sidwell, Uwe and Liam feels the same.

Thank **** Bruno is staying.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not been able to find any stats to confirm it, but did we largely get this resolved in the second half of the season ? Was absolutely dreading corners up to Christmas but my sense is things improved a fair bit afterwards. Could be wrong.

It was still woeful at WBA but you have a point, it did seem to improve.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was still woeful at WBA but you have a point, it did seem to improve.

Corners at Palace weren’t exactly great but other than that we seemed to cope pretty well in last few months of season. WBA was dreadful

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Agreed.

Would you flex that rule if the player was "Outstanding" rather than "fairly good"?

Re Liam: excellent piece, top bloke, really sad to see him go.

There’s probably a maximum number of this type of player/personality that a squad can cope with/handle/self regulate through for want of a better word banter that knocks that person down a peg or two.

Whether CH would want to indulge such personalities for the sake of on the pitch success remains to be seen.

More generally as a club since I’ve been supporting (1987) fwiw I can’t recall us having a player universally thought of as a bit of a bell end or big time charlie.

Even personalities like CKR, Leon Knight who were often outspoken and confident never came across anywhere near as bad as maybe a Scott McGleish type.

Maybe NSC can enlighten me as to people I’ve forgotten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here