Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosesnior-When Brighton told me I was being released, it was a bitter pill to swallow

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would, however, like to highlight the influence of two who are intrinsic to the wellbeing and success of the club’s players. The captain, Bruno, is the most dedicated, gifted, charismatic and caring footballer I have ever come across. At nearly 38 he is playing for, excelling and leading a Premier League club from a position at full-back where pace and stamina are two of the biggest attributes needed. He is an example that the so called impossible can be achieved with hard work, confidence and passion, and he sums up everything good about the game we love.

Too true, both legends...

Liam your a star

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would, however, like to highlight the influence of two who are intrinsic to the wellbeing and success of the club’s players. The captain, Bruno, is the most dedicated, gifted, charismatic and caring footballer I have ever come across. At nearly 38 he is playing for, excelling and leading a Premier League club from a position at full-back where pace and stamina are two of the biggest attributes needed. He is an example that the so called impossible can be achieved with hard work, confidence and passion, and he sums up everything good about the game we love.

Too true, both legends...

Liam your a star

Its a really nice piece, he's written there - and as you say, a great eulogy for Bruno. Top men, both.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One of the nicest and honest Footballers out there. Wish him and his family all the best for the future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We've got some real class acts at this club haven't we. Liam was another.

He's 33, so has perhaps got another year or two in him. Hopefully he'll find himself another club, but he's clearly bright and articulate, so maybe he'll find some more media work to tide him over while he gets his coaching badges. Can only wish him the best of luck in whatever career path he takes from here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
At the risk of sounding like that bell Redknapp, what a top, top fella Liam is. The model professional who completely gets what the club is all about, where it's been and (hopefully) where it's going. Reading that I'm a little bit more gutted that he won't be on the playing staff, but I reckon he will have a LOT to offer as a coach if/when he comes back.

I know some people on here don't like going on about former players coming back, but just imagine a backroom staff of Rosenior, Calde and Bruno! Three true legends of the Amex era of the club.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What a professional! Will be a massive loss to the squad, especially the younger pros and possibly the new signings.

But the sheer emotion of having to break the bad news to my wife and children who are happy in the area and at their school...
Footballers may get paid handsomely but must be heart-wrenching for young children to be told they're moving school.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Harry Kewell would be mad not to take him on as a player coach. He will still have time for media work and to finish his coaching badges and then move on to bigger things. His family also gets to stay in Sussex. Job done

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"It amazes me when we analyse football how little we take into account the human element of the game – we can all talk about systems, tactics and team selections but what actually makes the difference is the people operating on and off the pitch. Are they diligent, resilient, honest, caring and supportive as characters or do they point fingers at the first moment of hardship and worry more about themselves than the benefit of the group?"

He's spot on. It's why we'll never be in for fairly good players who can also be very disruptive, and also why the club bounces back well in more difficult times. Much kudos goes to the recruitment team who have made a habit of recruiting good, honest players who are also happy and grateful enough to realise how lucky they are. And it makes it so much easier to get behind the club and the team on the pitch knowing this.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
He was in Hove Starbucks earlier this week.

Looks like he can't afford socks.

My heart goes out to him!

NorthLainer

Aug 12, 2011
Now available in Hove
Love his quote from Nick Szczepanik's Brighton Up:"When I came, I expected to be the best right-back in the division. Then I saw Bruno at close quarters and I realised I wasn't even the best right-back in the club."

Genuine humility, and I know he loves it in this area, and his kids are really settled at school here. Hope he can find something that keeps him local. Genuinely gutted that he, along with Uwe and Sidwell are leaving. They will be a big hole to fill.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Love the "person first, player after" philosophy.

Worth remembering on here...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here