Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Rosesnior-When Brighton told me I was being released, it was a bitter pill to swallow

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s probably a maximum number of this type of player/personality that a squad can cope with/handle/self regulate through for want of a better word banter that knocks that person down a peg or two.

Whether CH would want to indulge such personalities for the sake of on the pitch success remains to be seen.

More generally as a club since I’ve been supporting (1987) fwiw I can’t recall us having a player universally thought of as a bit of a bell end or big time charlie.

Even personalities like CKR, Leon Knight who were often outspoken and confident never came across anywhere near as bad as maybe a Scott McGleish type.

Maybe NSC can enlighten me as to people I’ve forgotten?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The utter clown who gifted 2 goals away at Brentford and one at home circa 99 was apparently a total nobber off the pitch. And surely Jamie Moralee can't be a top lad. But those were different times.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Liam is a top man and I wish him all the best for the future. He was an important piece of the jigsaw that saw us gel and kick on - just what were Hull thinking letting him go and where are they now?

As for the article I thought it was a very honest and insightful piece.

Liam, we salute you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect I am alone but this photo really winds me up. I don’t need someone to tell what he was trying, i’ll do it myself. An ok player who I respect and wish him the best, but not a legend

You are alone.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The utter clown who gifted 2 goals away at Brentford and one at home circa 99 was apparently a total nobber off the pitch. And surely Jamie Moralee can't be a top lad. But those were different times.

You’re testing me I would have been there but can’t remember who?

Was that the first of the consecutive 4-0 games? Though they may have been later I think 02 & 03 maybe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’re testing me I would have been there but can’t remember who?

Was that the first of the consecutive 4-0 games? Though they may have been later I think 02 & 03 maybe.

It was 2-0, August 98 I think, but the player I have in mind is not listed in our squad on one site I found. My recollecton is he played only 3 games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It was 2-0, August 98 I think, but the player I have in mind is not listed in our squad on one site I found. My recollecton is he played only 3 games.

It was Glen Thomas, subbed off at half time against Brentford and then again in the following home game against Mansfield and was thankfully never seen again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It was Glen Thomas, subbed off at half time against Brentford and then again in the following home game against Mansfield and was thankfully never seen again.

That's the one. God, what a nightmare that was. And apparently quite a little charmer off the pitch to boot.....according to someone who had the misfortune to spend a small amount of time with him....
I was at that Brentford game and he gifted both goals in a horrible fashion. And I saw his other shambolic games too. My recollections of his contribution are on a par with recollections one might have (I don't, thankfully) of accidentally catching a glimps of your parents in flagrante :eek::sick::facepalm:

:lolol:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

That's the one. God, what a nightmare that was. And apparently quite a little charmer off the pitch to boot.....according to someone who had the misfortune to spend a small amount of time with him....
I was at that Brentford game and he gifted both goals in a horrible fashion. And I saw his other shambolic games too. My recollections of his contribution are on a par with recollections one might have (I don't, thankfully) of accidentally catching a glimps of your parents in flagrante :eek::sick::facepalm:

:lolol:

Thank god one of us remembered. So bad i'd blanked him out of my mind. Was at the game as well. Remember being mildly impressed when he signed (nearly 300 games for Fulham etc) and then immediately realising he was utter bobbins from the first minute of his first appearance.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In a defensive pairing with Ashley Neal #shudder

Ashley Neal was a couple of seasons before, he played for us at The Goldstone Ground, Thomas was from the Gillingham days. From what I remember (and what soccerbase seems to show) Thomas was part of a 5 man defence with Ian Culverhouse and Derek Allan alongside him central defence, Kerry Mayo and Peter Smith playing as wing backs.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Ashley Neal was a couple of seasons before, he played for us at The Goldstone Ground, Thomas was from the Gillingham days. From what I remember (and what soccerbase seems to show) Thomas was part of a 5 man defence with Ian Culverhouse and Derek Allan alongside him central defence, Kerry Mayo and Peter Smith playing as wing backs.

Culverhouse and Smith - FLAIRTASTIC.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts

Apologies, I was convinced they were the worst pair I'd ever seen. Must have each been half of a terrible pairing with two other non-legends! Blimey, I've seen some clowns play for us over the years.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We’ll never know. I hope it did. If anyone deserved that, Liam did.
When Chris O'Grady (remember him?) was still contracted as a Brighton player, he was gutted that we failed to get promoted as it would have meant that his final year salary would have doubled from £500k to £1m despite him being nowhere near playing for us (fortunately).

If he had a contract like that then I'm pretty sure a player as valued as Liam would have had something similar/been on at least £1m in the PL.

And yes, the O'Grady story is FACT.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here