Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Royal London One Day Cup - Sussex v Kent at Hove, May 17th 2018 ***

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Oi!

When did I opt for zero?
When you founded the George Garton Fan Club.

I assumed you'd want to share the positive vibe with his team mates.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Not sure that the untaken 2, 3 and 4 wicket down options are really in the game...

Moshe and Pat are in the pound seats...!!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
When you founded the George Garton Fan Club.

I assumed you'd want to share the positive vibe with his team mates.

Very good. I was watching Sussex in the days when Uday Joshi was our overseas player ..that was when positive vibes were needed. Put me down for a 20 run loss.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very good. I was watching Sussex in the days when Uday Joshi was our overseas player ..that was when positive vibes were needed. Put me down for a 20 run loss.
No chance. Two excellent Sussex Academy graduates at the crease at the moment.

Nice reference to Udaykumar and the 70s' pantheon - people too easily forget that Sussex's traditional place in the county pecking order was so lowly. Ben Brown and Luke Wells are miles better than their homegrown forebears like Peter Graves and Jerry Groome...:)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Are you watching online...? Thoroughly recommended.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
No chance. Two excellent Sussex Academy graduates at the crease at the moment.

Nice reference to Udaykumar and the 70s' pantheon - people too easily forget that Sussex's traditional place in the county pecking order was so lowly. Ben Brown and Luke Wells are miles better than their homegrown forebears like Peter Graves and Jerry Groome...:)

Peter Graves was an excellent bat and cover fielder. Mr Groome coached me..bless him his heart was not in it.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Peter Graves was an excellent bat and cover fielder. Mr Groome coached me..bless him his heart was not in it.
and it was always sunny back in the 70s... :) or did you mean to type Peter Graves had an excellent bat...?

The video stream is well worth finding in the "Match Centre" area of the club website.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
"Sussex are cruising"
"Neither batsman looks in any trouble"
"Such a low total"
"Sussex don't even need to hit the ball in the air"
"It's so easy"

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG...?

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
and it was always sunny back in the 70s... :) or did you mean to type Peter Graves had an excellent bat...?

The video stream is well worth finding in the "Match Centre" area of the club website.

He was a great county bat!

No it was bleeding cold on some days. Bob Woolmer once asked me to go and get is extra jumper from his car in the car park! That was in a Sussex v Kent Gillette Cup game. We were on the boundary rope in the bottom corner and the cheeky sod asked me. He was fielding with his car keys in his pocket.

As I recall Roger Prideaux made a century and we caned them. Are you going to say big Rog was poo as well?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
He was a great county bat!

No it was bleeding cold on some days. Bob Woolmer once asked me to go and get is extra jumper from his car in the car park! That was in a Sussex v Kent Gillette Cup game. We were on the boundary rope in the bottom corner and the cheeky sod asked me. He was fielding with his car keys in his pocket.

As I recall Roger Prideaux made a century and we caned them. Are you going to say big Rog was poo as well?
Before my time. First Class batting average of 34 suggests Roger was one of the better Sussex players of his era (e.g. the excellent Graves and Les Lenham tied on 26 just pipping Trout's 25...).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Stevens 2-0-3-0

Commentary notes about the low total and lack of need to chase too hard are spot on. Darren would be very dangerous on this deck if we had to try and get after him.

Henry back on is getting close to last throw of the visitors' dice.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Well bowled Henry (and Moshe...)

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Stevens 2-0-3-0

Commentary notes about the low total and lack of need to chase too hard are spot on. Darren would be very dangerous on this deck if we had to try and get after him.

Henry back on is getting close to last throw of the visitors' dice.

and they throw a double...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here