Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy our Best Player

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes of course, but it is foolish to say you are comfortable with him bringing the ball out of defence (unless of course you are, in which case I apologise).

As per my first post that important to the team, but I prefer him reacting rather than thinking.....

No argument with any of that.

It is common knowledge that SD is less comfortable on the ball than LD. There's a reason some opposition managers clearly instruct their forwards to allow one time on the ball, and not the other. They want SD to be the one forced into the eventual forward pass, because they know he is less likely to hurt them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No argument with any of that.

It is common knowledge that SD is less comfortable on the ball than LD. There's a reason some opposition managers clearly instruct their forwards to allow one time on the ball, and not the other. They want SD to be the one forced into the eventual forward pass, because they know he is less likely to hurt them.

Yes when he’s in that position, I just like him to go long towards the corner flag, rather than play a ‘blind’ or ‘forced’ pass. That audible gasp when he did against Huddersfield [emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes when he’s in that position, I just like him to go long towards the corner flag, rather than play a ‘blind’ or ‘forced’ pass. That audible gasp when he did against Huddersfield [emoji31]

A pass that I can't help thinking has rather clouded the judgement of a few against what has been a great first full season in the Premier League.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A pass that I can't help thinking has rather clouded the judgement of a few against what has been a great first full season in the Premier League.

I agree but I think he got away with a few other wayward passes. Being the last line of defence makes it stand out far more than when say GM, Propper or Stephens make a similarly bad pass, which they do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree but I think he got away with a few other wayward passes. Being the last line of defence makes it stand out far more than when say GM, Propper or Stephens make a similarly bad pass, which they do.

I thought Stephens “never gives the ball away” [emoji444][emoji2]

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Article is by stats site WhoScored and merely syndicated by The Gaurdian.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here