Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy our Best Player

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm not sure at all, I almost think Goldson could be better. Duffy will throw himself at everything but his distribution is suspect at best and his attacking headers are just hopeless. If Goldson isn't going to challenge him then I hope the Uwe replacement does

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seem to recall the Guardian did also predict we'd finish bottom

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not our best, but he is so far away from being dropped I'm amazed it's even mentioned.

CH has the centre backs set up as beauty and the beast.
Shane is the blunt instrument used to bludgeon away the opposition, and statistically he is the very best at that.

This new found desire to replace him with a little more finesse just won't work all the time CH has the team set up to defend for 89 minutes.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not our best, but he is so far away from being dropped I'm amazed it's even mentioned.

CH has the centre backs set up as beauty and the beast.
Shane is the blunt instrument used to bludgeon away the opposition, and statistically he is the very best at that.

This new found desire to replace him with a little more finesse just won't work all the time CH has the team set up to defend for 89 minutes.

Finesse (I prefer skill) and the ability to block/tackle are not mutually exclusive. Dunk for example?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great player. A classic 7/10 most weeks, a real destroyer, but, troubles me when he has to think rather than react.

IMO, I think we have quite a number who are performing better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Finesse (I prefer skill) and the ability to block/tackle are not mutually exclusive. Dunk for example?

Very true, and I'm sure if we had 2 Dunk's Hughton would be playing 2 Dunk's.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Great player. A classic 7/10 most weeks, a real destroyer, but, troubles me when he has to think rather than react.

This. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer but bloody brave and terrifying for forwards.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10 clean sheets v 3 proper beatings.

Beating 1 - Coincided with a change in centre back formation.
Beating 2 - Still in the game with 15 minutes to go.
Beating 3 - Last game of the season, a dead rubber after the clean sheet v Utd a week earlier.

I wonder how many teams would have taken that at the start of this season.

All the while the team has only scored 34 goals (none from either centre backs forehead direct from corners).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He has done a stalwart job defending but he troubles me when he tries to come forward with the ball. Probably our least skilful player with the ball at his feet. His defensive qualities, especially in the air, which is mainly what he’s employed for are immense through.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has done a stalwart job defending but he troubles me when he tries to come forward with the ball. Probably our least skilful player with the ball at his feet. His defensive qualities, especially in the air, which is mainly what he’s employed for are immense through.

Unsurprisingly, as with all of us, he looks a much better player when he can pass the ball 10ft to Bruno.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
My least favourite albion player - because of his tabloid drama tendencies. Will get my vote in the next albion 'hate' poll [emoji38]ol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm not sure at all, I almost think Goldson could be better. Duffy will throw himself at everything but his distribution is suspect at best and his attacking headers are just hopeless. If Goldson isn't going to challenge him then I hope the Uwe replacement does

It's not just his attacking headers, his defensive headers have got 'get rid' written all over them, and it goes straight back to the opposition, before Duffy repels them again. And then repeat.
That's one area he can really improve: by directing his defensive headers towards his teammates, and his attacking ones on target.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here