Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex pitch - gone already!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Surprised to see that they haven’t yet started the work adding 15 rows to the back of the NS Kop. Leaving it late with just 3 months to go.
You have it completely wrong......This is the first stage of lowering the pitch to accommodate 5 rows all around the pitch. Don't you know anything.????

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do they sell the old turf. i would love to returf my garden with a bit of the Amex pitch.

Barber is missing a trick here! Guess coordinating the reservation/collection of it isn't cost effective unless they charge a fortune. Maybe there is a skip in Bennet's field full of turf?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The pitch has never been that good and this season it was at its worse.
Also ragged edges and grass growing through the Astro turf stuff, does my OCD no good whatsoever.

I've always been quite surprised how well it has held up in previous years, and thought with fewer games this time round it would be even better, but it started to look a bit ropey with muddy areas becoming visable around January. Possibly due to more opposition players trampling the penalty area

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Surely this can only mean one thing...Kabbadi!!

S7.png

...or Monster Trucks

Monster_Jam_Trucks.jpg

Attachments

• 13512044_10154199504000833_1881834182430452243_n.jpg
    13512044_10154199504000833_1881834182430452243_n.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 322

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The pitch has never been that good and this season it was at its worse.
Also ragged edges and grass growing through the Astro turf stuff, does my OCD no good whatsoever.

I’ve definitely got pitch OCD. It cuts up way too much, the goal mouths are shabby and the edges clearly haven’t been done with a laser guided mower. We’re slacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Does he read NSC at all? I was once told by Charlie Oatway, that Gus banned his players from the site. Not sure how he monitored it though!

PB does read NSC and I would be very surprised if a few of the players do not browse it at times. We do have a few old players as members and they have contributed to the posts in the past.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I was there last night too. Hope you put some money in the bucket I was holding by the exit!
Haha someone got to me WELL before then - I was the first to put anything into the bucket that was proffered in my direction (was standing with David Gaylor, the "real life Roy Grace" who's a very old friend of mine...)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was in the offices behind the North stand today and new pitch is laid and settling in. Looked quite like the Old Trafford pitch at last nights Soccer Aid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here