Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex pitch - gone already!

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
No time wasted in getting rid of the pitch at the Amex - was up there this evening for a book launch (Peter James's new book, which concerns a kidnapping at the stadium) and the diggers were out...
32621507_10160456324955165_5881035170076688384_o.jpg

32712328_10160456325300165_3803936492640796672_o.jpg
What surprised me was that I couldn't see any trace of where the sprinklers are/were...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No time wasted in getting rid of the pitch at the Amex - was up there this evening for a book launch (Peter James's new book, which concerns a kidnapping at the stadium) and the diggers were out...
View attachment 96993

View attachment 96994
What surprised me was that I couldn't see any trace of where the sprinklers are/were...

I run a digger company* - sprinklers? What sprinklers??

* possibly

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
The ones that sit underneath the grass...I always wonder when the players are running around, if there's a difference in feel underfoot when they go over one. Presume they have a thick grassy flap covering them.

I know they get rid of the grass at the end of every season; just surprised it is so early. Nice to see them cracking on with getting things ready for pre-season.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Please tell me this isn't going to be a Jack Straw style ground-dismantling thread?! Give Falmer its AONB (muddy brown field) back...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The Amex is built for Premier league. It's a fantastic ground :amex:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I like Peter James, what's the new book called? Dead Seagull, Dead Together, Blooming Dead?

Dead Similar To All His Other Books?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I try and have a new lawn laid every 30 years......failed so far though

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Played nicely last friday though. :thumbsup:

There's something surreal about playing in an empty stadium like the Amex, it's amazing and you know it is and you forget where you are during the game but then the ball will go out of play and you'll remember where you are. I can't imagine what it must be like to play there in front of a full house.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Diggers....... groundbreaking.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

There's something surreal about playing in an empty stadium like the Amex, it's amazing and you know it is and you forget where you are during the game but then the ball will go out of play and you'll remember where you are. I can't imagine what it must be like to play there in front of a full house.

Had a similar experience at The Boleyn Ground. Played on the pitch in the last ever game there as an extra in a film.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Was it them tubby old walking footballers who last played on it?
Must have roughed it up good and proper with sliding tackles and the like.

When's the first home game - pre-season friendly or league?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

How did you get to play there if you don’t mind me asking? It’s on my bucket list. Do they stilll rent it out?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here