Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which Club Will Perform Badly Next Season?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm going to consult Paul Merson before I commit to an answer :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton will be worse than this season. Say what you like about BFS, but he has a method that gets results given the players at his disposal. They will replace him with a good looking, young manager in a smart Italian suit who has been tremendous in Portugal or as a number 2 to one one of the top 6 clubs in Europe, he will jizz a fortune on a couple of players who were fleetingly chased by European giants...and then they'll finish 14th.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Based on form over the last 10 games, it'll be Watford, Huddersfield and us!

If Wagner goes then def Hudders, I also think Watford could be in trouble and Saints/West Ham need a clearout and spend big to not be in trouble again.

As long as Eddie Howe is there Bournemouth will be fine, as will Palace. Wolves will spend big and expecting them to finish top 10, same as Newcastle (if Rafa stays). I expect either Villa or Fulham to stay up as well.

So my bottom 3 are: Watford, Hudders and Cardiff.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I don't think South Coast Club will struggle. With the squad they've got, and with the money they have I would think they've had their BIG scare and they'll be much more competitive next time.

It's easy to go for Cardiff, but not without justification. Until this season they've hardly set the world alight, so you could expect their squad to be a little weaker than some - they would need to do a Huddersfield style re-build in double quick time to be competitive.

Wolves on the other hand, although also having a pretty meh season before, have invested heavily (FFP?) in their team and squad and have some very exciting players already. They might **** it up, but they seem considerably stronger than the rest in the Championship and possibly a few at the lower end of the Prem.

Whoever comes up via the playoffs, irrespective of their strength have a lot less time to build (in fact with the transfer window opening and closing earlier, they're even more hangstrung than Huddersfield were) due to the date when the playoff final takes place.

Of those already in the Prem, the candidates are here:

Table.PNG

You have to think that Huddersfield, BHAFC, Watford will be in the mix again, as could Bournemouth of the teams above, and as has been mentioned Newcastle if things go bad behind the scenes. Burnley look secure, but who knows what the Europa experience will do to them.

Palace I feel will do well next season, and although they aren't pulling up trees, Leicester will be happily mid table.

I've not mentioned West Ham, and I suppose it all depends on who is their new manager - it could go horribly wrong, but I doubt it.

Everton will be boringly safe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's always a team who've look secure the season before but fall apart under the wrong manager. Leicester..?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I could not see much to choose between the bottom 14, Stoke and WBA were poor in the final third lumping the ball into the box hence they went down.

Watford for two seasons in succession had trouble with stopping set pieces.

My initial wild guess would be for Bournemouth to struggle. And secondly Huddersfield with the third club to go down any of the other 12.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Think we have to accept that if we don't find a way of playing that challenges in games against the top 6 or , we will be down there and at risk.

We took 7 points from the top 6

We had a better record this season against the top 6 than Bournemouth, Palace, Everton, Huddersfield, Southampton and Stoke
We had the same record this season against the top 6 as Burnley, Swansea and West Ham.

There were only four teams who were more challenging opponents against the top 6 than the Albion.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not struggle in terms of getting relegated, but I reckon the new boss at Arsenal could struggle and they could drop to mid-table mediocracy. The same COULD be said for Spuds, but only if the manager goes – and is then followed by key players because Levy won't splash the cash.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Watford, Burnley, Stains, Hudders, Brighton, Wolves & Cardiff

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
On a related question .. If it's us, what level of 'badly' is enough to offload CH? Bottom three and adrift or something else?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
With Marco Silva and another £350m spend on players (from owner Moshiri's pocket), do you think Everton will make top 4 next season?

Have they confirmed Silva? If they do I'm happy to predict them to improve on this year's position and points tally. He's a huge improvement on Allardyce. Top 4 is a stretch though. It would be reliant on at least 3 of the top 6 having terrible (by their standards) seasons; now Wenger is gone the likelihood of that looks remote.

But even Everton do appoint someone universally acknowledged to be terrible (a la Pards?) I'd be reluctant to tip them to go down. The same couldn't be said if Chunky turned up at West Ham (again), or Newcastle (again) or here (shudder)

What do you reckon [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here