Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bas Dost

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whenever I see a player's video showreel of goals, I want to sign them.

Is there a showreel of what he is doing for the rest of the game? Holding the ball up? tracking back to help when required? chasing down the midfield and pressing the defenders? I think I need to see that showreel as well.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Great movie.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't seen a striker so similar in style to Glenn Murray as this guy. He looks mustard in the air.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Hey Portuguese Defenders! Do you think you should mark that basketball player standing on the edge of the six yard box? :lolol:

So many free headers. Would be an amazing signing but maybe out of our price range. 71 goals in two years!

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
100%

I was just about to put this in a 'New Signings' thread but found this. Seems appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vJIpTe32o

Excellent replacement for GM and, considering our reliance on wide play, he'd be an excellent CF. Remarkable amount of goals from his first touch. Doesn't matter what league you're in (too a certain extent) if you're first touch bags a goal.

Excellent positioning, strong. Heads and feet.

Also Dutch so will have mates.

Quite a selfish player. See goal 2. The guy with the assist heads it across for the open goal for Das and then appears to follow through on the post, apparently knocking himself out. Old Bas wheels away without a care in the world......that's what we are missing :)

Last edited:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
100%

I was just about to put this in a 'New Signings' thread but found this. Seems appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vJIpTe32o

Excellent replacement for GM and, considering our reliance on wide play, he'd be an excellent CF. Remarkable amount of goals from his first touch. Doesn't matter what league you're in (too a certain extent) if you're first touch bags a goal.

Excellent positioning, strong. Heads and feet.

Also Dutch so will have mates.

Some brilliant crosses there. Do we have that quality?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Some brilliant crosses there. Do we have that quality?

Yeah, good point. I did also think that. A lot were on a plate for him. Their no.7 looked useful (turns out a loanee, Joel Campbell)...but such was the consistency of the crosses throughout I think he made them look good, after all we don't see all the crosses that we total naff. I expect a team like Sporting in that league have about 15-20 crosses per game on an average day so perhaps we do have that in Bruno, March, Isq, AK etc....and with any luck we might make a wide addition in the summer. Imaging what a crossing machine like Albrighton would do.

A fella called Pascal has been known to put a good ball in.

Oh yeah, and him.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Bas Dost has just terminated his contract with Sporting.

Come on Chris, do the right thing and give the lad a loving home.

(Any of the other players that have resigned are welcome too.)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Bas Dost has just terminated his contract with Sporting.

Come on Chris, do the right thing and give the lad a loving home.

(Any of the other players that have resigned are welcome too.)

What is the trigger which has allowed Dost (along with Carvalho and Patricio) to cancel their contracts?

You would assume a footballers contract is so water tight that players can't simply just leave when they want....otherwise transfer fees would become an irrelevance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is the trigger which has allowed Dost (along with Carvalho and Patricio) to cancel their contracts?

You would assume a footballers contract is so water tight that players can't simply just leave when they want....otherwise transfer fees would become an irrelevance.

Paying up their contracts I guess... Which means they'll be expecting what they paid back in signing on fees

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Paying up their contracts I guess... Which means they'll be expecting what they paid back in signing on fees

Which would suggest a deal is already agreed with someone. I can't see a player paying up his deal without the absolute assurance from another club that he will be signed by them once a free agent.

I think Neymar TECHNICALLY paid his own buyout clause but that's because PSG funded that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here