Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Moyes Gone

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Toffees and Hammers, 2 clubs with fans with over inflated expectations and little footballing knowledge.

Im backing West Ham to go down next year as they are beginning to conjure up the term, Basket Case, on an increasingly regular basis.
Not a bad shout. They're definitely heading towards car crash territory.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Toffees and Hammers, 2 clubs with fans with over inflated expectations and little footballing knowledge.

Im backing West Ham to go down next year as they are beginning to conjure up the term, Basket Case, on an increasingly regular basis.

Ironically, they consider themselves the most knowledgeable on football and real football peoples clubs:

Everton since their School Of Science, and as we are all told West Ham won the World Cup.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Ironically, they consider themselves the most knowledgeable on football and real football peoples clubs:

Everton since their School Of Science, and as we are all told West Ham won the World Cup.

When it comes to Under achieving West Ham are the great southern hope to take Sheff Wednesday's loser title, The irony of the crass comment "we shouldn't be losing to teams like Brighton" is they are always losing to teams like Brighton and a haughty attitude isn't helping. it just cranks up their entitled fans to lose their shit and invade the pitch etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
David Sullivan says that West Ham are very near to agreement for a new manager with a man who has had success at the top level as a manager. Would Ancellotti be interested in the job?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
David Sullivan says that West Ham are very near to agreement for a new manager with a man who has had success at the top level as a manager. Would Ancellotti be interested in the job?
Manuel Pellegrini, I believe.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll hold my hands up and say I was laughing up my sleeve when Moyes arrived with West Ham in the bottom 3, given his complete DISASTER at Sunderland. But fair play to him, he got them organised, got a tune out of Arnautovic, and dug them out of a right old mess. Ridiculous that he's been binned off (a-la Allardyce at Everton) so that they can install the next Juan Carlos in a sharp suit and a fancy accent. But thats just the way of the PL, and most of the fans demands. I'd have thought the best thing WHU could've had right now was a bit of stability, but clearly not.

Goons.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well, it won’t be Fonseca, he’s just singed for another 2 years at Shakta. I hope they go after Benitez

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

They said that they also want a manager with Premier League and European success... to me that sounds a lot like Claudio Ranieri who has left Nantes today. Tempted to put a cheeky bet on him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham have announced their October sacking.

[tweet]998822305420791808[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why would any WH fans feel underwhelmed? This is a guy who's won the league and gatecrashed a two-horse race in Spain. Their previous manager's highest achievement was a 4th place in the PL. I imagine that all WH fans, except the totally crazy ones, will be delighted with this appointment.

It all depends on the players they bring in. They're lacking in several areas, and some of their better players aren't young.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would a man in his mid 60s give up a £15 mill a year contract in China to get a third of that at basket case club West Ham?

He's been promised a £40million war chest for transfers - even with a fair wind that will barely get him into the top half of the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here