Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] OpenLearn with OU.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Have started an 8 week course, Introduction to Forensic Psychology and am really enjoying it. Fascinating. They have over 900 free courses on all manner of subjects.
What an amazing resource. All for free. Free for everyone! Anyone else done any of these?

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I didn't know it existed. Some interesting courses on there, I may join up myself. Thanks for that.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’ve been using Coursera recently. Similar sort of thing, also free, and has courses from around the world - MIT, Harvard, Yale, Stanford etc...

Done some OU courses previously - very high standard...

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have started an 8 week course, Introduction to Forensic Psychology and am really enjoying it. Fascinating. They have over 900 free courses on all manner of subjects.
What an amazing resource. All for free. Free for everyone! Anyone else done any of these?
Didn't know there was sucha thing - will check it out after work. Thanks :thumbsup:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Thanks for this information - I was completely unaware of this resource. I have just looked at the website and may very well sign up.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As above, Future Learn is great, you can study with Harvard, Cambridge, Sussex et al for free. Have done a couple of 8 week creative writing courses, interacting with fellow students and faculty members. Fantastic free resource.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The OU is brilliant. It's a shame that their 'qualification' courses are now a bit expensive after the blanket introduction of tuition fees, but they are still half the price of other unis.
They went up massively after I finished my courses so I was lucky to get in when I did, especially as my firm paid for it! Got a BSc as well as a Post Grad certificate that was all relevant to my work and all for around £5000 from recollection. It is £1500 for a 30 point course now and I seem to remember I needed 300 points just for the honours degree. I think it was £300 back then.

Always irks me slightly that were I every to use by qualifications, I need to clarify it with (Open).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here