OpenLearn with OU.

3 Not allowed!
    Have started an 8 week course, Introduction to Forensic Psychology and am really enjoying it. Fascinating. They have over 900 free courses on all manner of subjects.
    What an amazing resource. All for free. Free for everyone! Anyone else done any of these?
    Love Great Britain
    Love the EU
    Love Inclusion and Progression.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      I didn't know it existed. Some interesting courses on there, I may join up myself. Thanks for that.

1 Not allowed!
      I’ve been using Coursera recently. Similar sort of thing, also free, and has courses from around the world - MIT, Harvard, Yale, Stanford etc...

Done some OU courses previously - very high standard...
      6EQUJ5 2A

0 Not allowed!
      The OU is brilliant. It's a shame that their 'qualification' courses are now a bit expensive after the blanket introduction of tuition fees, but they are still half the price of other unis.
      Forever a DAFT Bint

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have started an 8 week course, Introduction to Forensic Psychology and am really enjoying it. Fascinating. They have over 900 free courses on all manner of subjects.
      What an amazing resource. All for free. Free for everyone! Anyone else done any of these?
      Didn't know there was sucha thing - will check it out after work. Thanks
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      Thanks for this information - I was completely unaware of this resource. I have just looked at the website and may very well sign up.
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school

1 Not allowed!
      www.futurelearn.com/ also do some very good free courses, including some from the OU.
      Was that the intro? I should have been in!

0 Not allowed!
      As above, Future Learn is great, you can study with Harvard, Cambridge, Sussex et al for free. Have done a couple of 8 week creative writing courses, interacting with fellow students and faculty members. Fantastic free resource.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
      The OU is brilliant. It's a shame that their 'qualification' courses are now a bit expensive after the blanket introduction of tuition fees, but they are still half the price of other unis.
      They went up massively after I finished my courses so I was lucky to get in when I did, especially as my firm paid for it! Got a BSc as well as a Post Grad certificate that was all relevant to my work and all for around £5000 from recollection. It is £1500 for a 30 point course now and I seem to remember I needed 300 points just for the honours degree. I think it was £300 back then.

Always irks me slightly that were I every to use by qualifications, I need to clarify it with (Open).
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man