Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official 2018 World Cup Betting Thread

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Betting has been a disaster, mainly because of last minute winners. Not much more dosh to waste.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bookies are making a killing, I reckon.

Anyway, today's wasted loose change...

SUI v CR Draw
Serbia to WIN
Mex v Sweden Draw

Treble @ 75/1

Not taken it, but IMO the 5/1 on Serbia to beat Brazil is very generous. Brazil limped past Costa Rica and Serbia have looked good - only losing to Switzerland due to an outrageous refereeing decision.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I have backed Serbia today @ 11/2.

Nothing for me yet in the earlier games though that might change after the teams are announced.

Added Mexico outright last night @ 35/1. Still haven't seen a team that stands out especially and Mexico's route to the semi finals might be reasonably manageable if results go as expected. England really could do with finishing second in their group so tomorrow could be a farce though I suspect this (nonsensical) "momentum" theory will appear and they will try and win!

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Obviously that could all change after the 3pm games tomorrow...

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Mats Hummels to be carded at 7/1 is overpriced with Skybet if they will accommodate you.

I have for yonks fully expected Germany to get caught out playing the high line with Neuer sweeping behind but it never seems to happen. He is 20/1 to be carded with 365 if today could be that day. Also throws in the possibility of a timewasting card in the event of the Germans holding a slender lead late on.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mats Hummels to be carded at 7/1 is overpriced with Skybet if they will accommodate you.

I have for yonks fully expected Germany to get caught out playing the high line with Neuer sweeping behind but it never seems to happen. He is 20/1 to be carded with 365 if today could be that day. Also throws in the possibility of a timewasting card in the event of the Germans holding a slender lead late on.

Have a priceitup: Neuer AND Muller to be carded @ 92/1

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh, and another thing [MENTION=7323]Betfair Bozo[/MENTION] - the shrewd kids... I only just got round to asking the younger one what his were - he had my phone and a budget of THREE POUNDS to play with.

He took ages, but amongst them he has Muslera of Uruguay for Golden Glove @ 33/1 - three games in, he has three clean sheets.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm on Sweden to beat Mexico. I have always felt Mexico have been a little flattered after their great performance against an out of sorts Germany, but fully expect them to revert to being bang average again. Sweden are exactly the sort of team who will cause them problems.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Well done Simster.

First of the ante post wagers lands with Kendall Waston finishing as Costa Rica top scorer on 1.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Skybet are 16-1 for no cards in Eng/Bel. Wouldn't surprise if FIFA had words with ref about only giving one in extreme circumstances.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Sassi (Tunisia) 2 or more goals @ 40/1 and hat trick @ 500/1. Usual penalty taker and playing against Panama who we have seen are not alien to conceding a spot kick or two. Obviously he might not start but I suspect the price might go.

Poland red card @ 8/1 and Japan to win in various high scoring ways.

No bet on the England game.

More to come later possibly.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Just about stopped fuming over Spain's exit...

One stand out price (imo) with Victor on the England game. 1st goal to be an England header @ 10/1. Hardly needs explaining.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Small bet Uruguay. Would have been bigger but Cavani out is no good (in more than 1 respect.)
Backed Godin and Pogba to be carded.

Fully expect Brazil to win later. Have backed them to win and BTTS, to score 3+ and 4+.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Small bet Uruguay. Would have been bigger but Cavani out is no good (in more than 1 respect.)
Backed Godin and Pogba to be carded.

Fully expect Brazil to win later. Have backed them to win and BTTS, to score 3+ and 4+.

Both games to be 90min DRAWS @ 10/1

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Both games to be 90min DRAWS @ 10/1
Looks a VERY decent bet. You can't even get that on the exchanges at the moment, as the draw odds multiply up to 10.94 (or 9.94/1 if you prefer).

I've Dutched a few bookie offers, which collectively amount to a bet against Uruguay winning in 90 mins as I've "under-backed" that option by £30 or so. I just don't see Uruguay winning in 90 mins without one of their two world class (ish) strikers. They could still go through though, as they're well equipped to contain the French attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here