Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official 2018 World Cup Betting Thread

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dear, this Spain situation is not good for my wagers.

Joined in with Cavani top scorer and already on Isco.

Denmark/Australia dual forecast for the shock.

Smaller outright bets on Uruguay and Serbia.

Rogic top scorer for Oz.

The kids (my account, my money, their picks) also have for Golden Ball:

Isco @ 33/1
Kimmich @ 125/1
Kante @ 80/1

Also, following on from our Cavani / Suarez TGS chat, we took Uruguay as the top TEAM goals @25/1. Reckon that is pretty good. Just need them to feast on goal PIE in the group games...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only non-matched bet I've done is £10 on Louis Suarez top scorer at 28/1.

I'm not convinced he'll be anywhere near the top, but the defences in that group (Russia, Egypt, Saudi) are all a bit shit so I'm hoping he'll get a head start before the knockouts, where Uruguay will play 2 more games tops.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Think Russia have been handed the perfect opening match so am with them in various ways (if they win by 3 it'll be pleasing.)

Morocco to beat Iran in what is obviously THE game of the tournament for each of them.

World Cup, US Open and Ascot next week. How will we cope?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
The kids (my account, my money, their picks) also have for Golden Ball:

Isco @ 33/1
Kimmich @ 125/1
Kante @ 80/1

Also, following on from our Cavani / Suarez TGS chat, we took Uruguay as the top TEAM goals @25/1. Reckon that is pretty good. Just need them to feast on goal PIE in the group games...

SHROOD kids.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Done the Swiss @ 125s E/W Belgium at a very mean 12s to win , and to keep the home flag flying England to be the top scorers at the world cup @ 16s :eek:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
14/1 Germany v France final
20/1 Cavani TGS

This bet was placed after Spain sacked their manager! I reckon that will cost Spain dearly for this tournament. Watch them win it now :D

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry, been slack on this front.

Main interest today is Senegal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just used a £1 bonus free bet with Paddy Power to back Columbia win, Egypt win and Poland v Sengal as a draw, paying £22.11 for the treble,. Avoid those three selections at all cost. If it wasn't for backing Coutinho as first scorer the other night I'd have done my bollocks already

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Today's losing bets are:

Japan HT / Colombia FT @25/1

Colombia W / Poland W / Russia-Egypt D @ 13/1

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well yesterday was a complete and utter spaz-out wasn't it. I had Colombia to win, Poland to win, and Russia/Egypt to draw.

Todays contribution to Bet365' coffers involves a Portugal win, and both the Uruguay/Saudi and Spain/Iran games to have more than 2.5 goals.

What with yesterdays results plus Brazil and Germany nousing things up, the bookies must be making a KILLING on this tournament.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well yesterday was a complete and utter spaz-out wasn't it. I had Colombia to win, Poland to win, and Russia/Egypt to draw.

Todays contribution to Bet365' coffers involves a Portugal win, and both the Uruguay/Saudi and Spain/Iran games to have more than 2.5 goals.

What with yesterdays results plus Brazil and Germany nousing things up, the bookies must be making a KILLING on this tournament.

This.

My treble above is at rubbish odds. I'm not sure why I bothered - tbh I just want a WIN finally, even if it is just a couple of quid!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This.

My treble above is at rubbish odds. I'm not sure why I bothered - tbh I just want a WIN finally, even if it is just a couple of quid!

Yeah I didn't think that treble was worth it either, hence going for the +2.5 goals instead. Done a bluey @ just under 6/1.

I had a Denmark / Croatia / Twins treble come in the other day, £2 paid about £25 which has kept me ticking over. Good job I don't bet BIG though.

#mugpunter

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
365 and Hills are rather punchy in their prices about players to be carded in this opener today. Jedinak @ 9/2 seems particularly big.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here