Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Allardyce Sacked

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can't muster much sympathy. He'll get a big payoff and will be back in management as soon as another 'safe' Prem team starts badly next season... and repeat.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Everton making the announcement whilst he was at the LMA dinner. They didn't even have the manners to tell him first.

Yeah, in the same way that Gus Poyet was fired live on air.

I don't believe it, not for a second. Big Sam knew full well that he was out, but it's why he demanded an 18 month contract rather than 6, so that when they binned him off he got his customary hench payout. It's another success story for Big Sam, goes into a club which is underperforming and gets them defending properly and getting the required results and then leaves with a big pay day. He'll show up at whichever Premier League club is struggling first next season and do the same again, the man is a pro.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Allaydyce is essentially a contractor.

Comes in does a job. leaves. takes a shed load of cash with him.

Back to Pints of wine for him.

However I was still very intrested in seeing what Allardyce would have done with the England team. He really was shafted there.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

However I was still very intrested in seeing what Allardyce would have done with the England team. He really was shafted there.

But surely - if he had any integrity or honesty he would not have let that situation arise. Simple as that. The bloke is a cretin.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
But surely - if he had any integrity or honesty he would not have let that situation arise. Simple as that. The bloke is a cretin.

You have a point, but that story was meant to be the first of many and the dodgey underworld of professional football was going to be revealed... Nothing more come of it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Many cretins have done well managing national teams, it would have been interesting to see how he did. You cannot possibly believe we are better off with this numpty southgate.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Not quite. Contractors don't get a massive payout when their contract is ended early. He's more like a permie who has a good CV, interviews well, but after a couple of years becomes poor at his / her job and goes from redundancy payment to redundancy payment.

Except in football, having a series of short engagements where you're fired at the end doesn't stop people from employing you the next time.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Not the biggest fan of the way Sam conducts himself but he gets results yet time and time again clubs sack him and end up in a worse position. Very high chance Everton will finish in a lower position next season

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Many cretins have done well managing national teams, it would have been interesting to see how he did. You cannot possibly believe we are better off with this numpty southgate.

I agree - and think Southgate will fail miserably. Can't stand the FA's stooge 'yes' man.

Allardyce would have done better I'm sure - but we'll never know will we.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here