Page 4 of 82 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast
    Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After coming on for Duffy and getting 'on the radar' that was pretty much all he did, though I suppose that misplaced header did show all the key defensive attributes required to successfully play in The Scottish Premiership against the like of Bumblewick Thistle and Taste of Dunfermline.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Sounds much more like a description of Big Shane.
      It does. Maybe Rangers should try to sign him.

I'd love to be there to see his answer.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      It does. Maybe Rangers should try to sign him.

I'd love to be there to see his answer.
      Indeed, for a Northern Irishman to refuse to play for his country of birth, and turn out instead for that lot down south, must make him a true republican.

0 Not allowed!
      He would stand out in that league like Virgil did at Celtic.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hotchilidog View Post
      No chance. He'll be playing for us next season.
      I like Connor Goldson and he did a great job for us in the Championship, but I don't think he has played enough minutes in the Prem for us to know whether he will cut it at this level. I sincerely hope he does, but we need to wait and see.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.
      This will be because the last time we tried playing three at the back it went really well

0 Not allowed!
      My (perhaps controversial) opinion of Goldson is that he's very good but not good enough to be a PL starter. Let's not forget that we signed Duffy because Hughton obviously thought that was an area where an upgrade was required in order to get us promoted from the Championship. So now, on the back of very little time on the pitch in the last two years, I just don't see him becoming a first choice for us. Certainly not at PL level. It's tough because he's a very good Championship player and absolutely perfect for the 'third choice' role in the PL. I would be happy to see him stay in that position, but ultimately you have to let him go at some point to play regular football. What I don't see happening is Hughton dropping Duffy to accommodate him regularly or, in the event of Dunk being sold, thinking Goldson will become first choice and no replacement is required.

However, he certainly shouldn't be entertaining any ideas of going to Jockoland. I reluctantly think a move is probably required, but he should only be looking at top Championship clubs with a realistic chance of being in the top six next season.
      The best is yet to come The Sock of Poskett's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I reckon Goldson could acclimatise to the Premier League with a run of games. Yes, he's not as good in the air as Duffy and not as physical either, but he's quicker, has better footballing skills and his positional sense is good. Also, for all Shane's aerial dominance, he didn't manage one headed goal for us last season and I'd wager Goldson would be more of a potent threat at corners.
      That said, at 25 he needs to be playing week in week out so a decent loan to a Championship side would do the trick, provided we have enough cover.
      "But ye gotta know where ye're just gonna rush in. Ye cannae just rush in anywhere. It looks bad, havin' to rush oout again straight awa'."

Feegle tactics (Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men)
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      If we bought in experienced cover and were prepared to risk White as 4th choice then a loan wouldn't be the worst idea ever. But not selling him unless he absolutely doesn't want to be here anymore.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
      This will be because the last time we tried playing three at the back it went really well
      That was done with little preparation as in game time but if CH adopted that formation they would work on it from day 1 on returning back to training. My thought on England is that if we played that system and it was successful I am sure that many manager will copy it as happened after we won the World Cup in 66 as nobody had ever considered attacking fullbacks until then.