Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers
    Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Goldson is a different type of centre back to Duffy, more assured on the ball possibly, but without the strength and driving force that Big Shane has.. Not better or worse, just different.

But as you say, unless someone offers a ridiculous some of money, he isn't for sale.
      Exactly what I was going to say. The whole season Duffy was brought in was because of question marks over Goldson's defending at set pieces, whereas IMO Goldson is quicker and more agile. Neither of them are anything like as good as Dunk though. I genuinely believe we'll need a new centre back.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.

0 Not allowed!
      Don’t think a loan and regular games for rangers in the Scottish prem is going to competitive enough for him. Championship would be better for his experience now if he were to go out on loan.... lots of competitive games against good strikers.
      #Together

0 Not allowed!
      Tavernier would be a good signing for Palace. As he would for us.
      I don't want a signature.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers
      Well, if we do sign two new centre backs, and allow Connor to go out on loan, if l were him l'd be asking if l had a future at the Albion? He isn't a kid anymore he is 26 next birthday.

1 Not allowed!
      I wonder if this Scottish Sun 'exclusive' and Goldson being on 'Steven Gerrard’s radar' has merely come about from Gerrard perhaps watching the game on Sunday and Goldson coming on as a sub for Duffy?
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.
      Not for long....window SWINGS open tomorrow

Rangers can’t afford Connor and doubt we’ll sell him anyway.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      I very much doubt CH will take his lead on formations at BHA next season from England's performances in Russia.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      The report describes Goldson as a no nonsense defender. That seems like a nonsense description of him.