Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 810
  1. #11
    Members studio150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    On the Border
    Posts
    14,784


    0 Not allowed!
    If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers
    Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12
      Members Simster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Surrey
      Posts
      46,087


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Goldson is a different type of centre back to Duffy, more assured on the ball possibly, but without the strength and driving force that Big Shane has.. Not better or worse, just different.

      But as you say, unless someone offers a ridiculous some of money, he isn't for sale.
      Exactly what I was going to say. The whole season Duffy was brought in was because of question marks over Goldson's defending at set pieces, whereas IMO Goldson is quicker and more agile. Neither of them are anything like as good as Dunk though. I genuinely believe we'll need a new centre back.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.
    • #13
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      65,327


      0 Not allowed!
      There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

      There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.
    • #14
      Brighton 'til I die bobzam's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Location
      Bristol
      Posts
      389


      0 Not allowed!
      Don’t think a loan and regular games for rangers in the Scottish prem is going to competitive enough for him. Championship would be better for his experience now if he were to go out on loan.... lots of competitive games against good strikers.
      #Together
    • #15

      0 Not allowed!
      Tavernier would be a good signing for Palace. As he would for us.
      I don't want a signature.
    • #16
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      9,082


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we bring 2 centre backs in, I could see Goodson going out on loan. The question then is, is the Scottish Premiership of high enough quality to allow him to go to Rangers
      Well, if we do sign two new centre backs, and allow Connor to go out on loan, if l were him l'd be asking if l had a future at the Albion? He isn't a kid anymore he is 26 next birthday.
    • #17
      We wunt be druv ManOfSussex's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Rape of Hastings
      Posts
      8,469


      1 Not allowed!
      I wonder if this Scottish Sun 'exclusive' and Goldson being on 'Steven Gerrard’s radar' has merely come about from Gerrard perhaps watching the game on Sunday and Goldson coming on as a sub for Duffy?
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
    • #18
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      19,400


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There is very little for the papers to report with the season virtually finished so a lot of rumours will be printed. I can understand Goldson wanting games but wouldn't think that he would consider Rangers unless Murphy has dropped a word here and there.

      There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.
      Not for long....window SWINGS open tomorrow

      Rangers can’t afford Connor and doubt we’ll sell him anyway.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #19
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      51,439


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There is always the possibility that if we struggle to replace Bruno CH may consider a 3 man CB formation if it proves a success for England in Russia in which case he would play for us regularly.
      I very much doubt CH will take his lead on formations at BHA next season from England's performances in Russia.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #20
      Members
      Join Date
      Apr 2008
      Location
      Lewisham
      Posts
      883


      3 Not allowed!
      The report describes Goldson as a no nonsense defender. That seems like a nonsense description of him.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •