Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I am.

No. I expect Rangers to play with two CBs.

Why? A club struggling to compete with their vastly superior neighbours in the rather sh1t MTL, and still with money problems and an untried manager OR
Just about any other club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
"All But Complete" + 7 days.

No incentive for Albion to force through i guess because a) work underway in parallel on replacement b) fee and add ons being forced higher than originally quoted sums. c) Rangers is still complicated financial wise with doubts about ability to cough up. See how long Murphy deal took. So due diligence there.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No incentive for Albion to force through i guess because a) work underway in parallel on replacement b) fee and add ons being forced higher than originally quoted sums. c) Rangers is still complicated financial wise with doubts about ability to cough up. See how long Murphy deal took. So due diligence there.

Well you say that, but as far as c) is concerned anyway, apparantly the Katic deal went through very quickly indeed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If this were a player the albion were signing there'd be speculation about agent shenanigans or a failed medical by now.

This is all taking so long, l'm amazed that there hasn't been an approach from another club now that it's freely known that he is available Connor Goldson is a good player, surely he would attract more interest.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is all taking so long, l'm amazed that there hasn't been an approach from another club now that it's freely known that he is available Connor Goldson is a good player, surely he would attract more interest.

Deal done

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Good luck to the lad, sad to see him go (I’d have rather it be a loan deal) but he needs to be playing football and he’s not going to get that chance here soon.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes, best of luck to him. Hope he smashes the MTL. Would be happy to see him play for us again in the future too.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good luck - sad to see him go, but he does need to be playing regularly and he should smash that league

I'll miss the Colin Goldstone song though???

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I see it as a huge loss that we will come to regret. He shows potential to rise to the very top. Today Rangers, tomorrow the world. The sale of Tommy Elphick was regreted when he was playing higher level football than us....

Farewell Connor with my very best wishes.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That'll make Goldson some instant enemies on NSC.

Dicker, Noone & Elphick were lambasted for being lifelong fans of Liverpool.

+ Navarro

it wasn't so much for them being Liverpool fans IIRC. It was more the fact that when we went to Anfield in the Cup, some of them went there more like starstruck tourists than professional footballers trying to win a match. We'd have got beat regardless, but the 1-6 was a little harder to take as fans, when you knew the likes of Noone and Navarro were just waiting for the final whistle so they could swap shirts and get their selfies.

Anyhoo, best of luck to Connor Goldson. He'll be a class apart in the MTL, Rangers have got themselves a gem of a player and even though its a step down, he'll certainly benefit from playing week in, week out. I just hope we've got a sell-on clause, as he's likely to be attracting other suitors in a couple of years time if he performs how we know he can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here