Page 35 of 82 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leegull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will be immense up there. If Gerrard can get it right at Rangers then Connor could gain cult status at Ibrox.. it sounds like defence is where they need to strengthen and I reckon that this could be the best bit of business they have done in decades.

£3.5m sounds a fair enough price given length of contract remaining and his current position behind Dunk n Duffy. He’s never let us down and if the report is to be believed then he leaves on good terms and with everyone’s best wishes. I’ll follow the rest of his career with great interest
    I agree, although I'm gutted he's leaving.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      He was Hunnemeirs replacement..and need a Homegrown replacement/s
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      The Nigerian fella?
      ...arrived before the first bid for Goldson even happened.

We need replacements for Hunemeier, Rosenior, and Goldson in defence. Balogun is one of them, but it's pretty pointless guessing which specific player he replaces.

Incidentally, according to Uwe, Balogun is fast and has played a lot at right back in the past. Surely this quashes the NSC calls for a new right back, as we don't need 4 do we ?
      Last edited by Blue Valkyrie; 06-06-2018 at 08:41.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Skalak, Hemed, Murray, Norwood
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Well I'm sad to see CG go, but it seems pretty damn quick!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      Will be a shame. If that figure is correct I also think it’s a bit light in todays market.
      I actually think the opposite.

There won't be many clubs willing to throw that sort of money for a player who can't get into the starting line up of a mid to lower PL team and who has a historical heart condition. His professional indemnity insurance will be phenomenal with that historical illness.

So for me £3.5m is a very good price and a bonus that Connor gets to go and test himself in the football world and get to play regular football hopefully. Highly regarded or not, he was certainly not going to be playing regularly at Brighton. So I say, ''bite their hand off for that level of fee''

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JBizzle View Post
      Good for him. He's a quality player but he's not getting the chance to develop and test himself week in, week out. £3.5m, + add-ons, + a sell-on clause and hopefully a buy-back if he does Van Dijk it up there.

On the replacement front, he's already been replaced... it's Balogun. There's no way we'd sign a current Nigeria international as 4th choice squad player. The replacement needed is for Hunemeier who we may already have if the stories about Ben White are to be believed...
      Agree with Goldson part, but not Balogun, we wont chance an unknown young centre half as 4th option in the premier league. We will get another top centre half in.
      White to go out on loan again. Mcnair may be the 4th option who also covers midfield.
      Moore or Konza at Charlton ?.... we are linked with way too many not to be some truth in it.
      I have to give it to you Mr Hughton, you are a far better Manager than I ever thought.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post

. There is, apparently, a sell-on clause which I have seen suggested is 10%. ).

You have seen the contract ?

And you are posting it's contents on a main notice Board of a Public Football Forum ?

WOW. Don't know how you got hold of it but if it is true, whoever let you see it should think twice of ever letting you see such information again. The club seldom release the fee never mind specifics within a contract.

Is it even signed yet ? The papers are still reporting ''deal close to being done''
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by NooBHA View Post
      You have seen the contract ?

And you are posting it's contents on a main notice Board of a Public Football Forum ?

WOW. Don't know how you got hold of it but if it is true, whoever let you see it should think twice of ever letting you see such information again. The club seldom release the fee never mind specifics within a contract.

Is it even signed yet ? The papers are still reporting ''deal close to being done''
      Well. I must say I read that as in relation to Shrewsbury selling CG to us with the poster saying that they had seen suggestion that the sell on clause included was 10%. I see no suggestion there that they claimed to have seen the contract in question.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by atomised View Post
      Well. I must say I read that as in relation to Shrewsbury selling CG to us with the poster saying that they had seen suggestion that the sell on clause included was 10%. I see no suggestion there that they claimed to have seen the contract in question.
      Agreed. Think @NooBHA has the wrong end of the stick
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Think he will do well in Glasgow. Looks a cut above anything Rangers have at present. Gutted to see him go but wish him all the very best.

I guess we will see much more early movement this year as the transfer window closes on August 9.
      Every journey of a thousand miles begins with a single rail replacement bus service.