Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273474 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Gal View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So let me get this straight, Rangers can only afford to pay for Murphy (1-1.5m) in small increments over a certain period, yet they want to splash 3m on Goldson. Please, if we are going to sell to them, should we not be insisting that all monies owing should be paid in full. They can't afford to pay in full for Jamie, how long are we likely to have to wait before we get paid in full. Shouldn't we be making this very clear to them.

Oh and don't bother coming back for any more of our players until you have paid for the ones you have already signed. Surely our aim wasn't to become Rangers feeder club?.
    As mentioned earlier, the buying club quite often staggers the transfer fee over the course of the contract rather than paying the whole lot up-front. Its nothing new or unusual - we've probably done the same ourselves with some of our recent larger purchases.

All will be revealed when the 17/18 accounts are published, but I'd be surprised if the £14m outlay for Izquerido is there in one lump sum.
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      3m will get him I suspect.

Isnt great in todays prices with other English clubs.

Unfortunately for us we won't get a massive price with it involving Rangers and CG wanting to go.

Can't blame him , I think its a great move for him. Cant blame the lad

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      Rangers need to shag off if they are just going to mess about with *one pound increments* every day. We don't need to sell, so they can call us if they can meet the price.
      Quote Originally Posted by Paddington Gal View Post
      So let me get this straight, Rangers can only afford to pay for Murphy (1-1.5m) in small increments over a certain period, yet they want to splash 3m on Goldson. Please, if we are going to sell to them, should we not be insisting that all monies owing should be paid in full. They can't afford to pay in full for Jamie, how long are we likely to have to wait before we get paid in full. Shouldn't we be making this very clear to them.

Oh and don't bother coming back for any more of our players until you have paid for the ones you have already signed. Surely our aim wasn't to become Rangers feeder club?.
      Exactly. All this "Queens XI" bollocks - they're an embarrassing bunch of untrustworthy shyster immoral twats. The porridge scoffing equivalent of Crystal Palace. Or even worse, blinged up pikeys.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      Exactly. All this "Queens XI" bollocks - they're an embarrassing bunch of untrustworthy shyster immoral twats. The porridge scoffing equivalent of Crystal Palace. Or even worse, blinged up pikeys.
      THIS

1 Not allowed!
      If we are selling so cheaply we really should have a 'buy back' clause as there is still a fair chance he will become a very good player.

Unlikely as it may seem playing in that league, but Van Dijk had a good couple of years at Celtic and look how much he got sold for in January...
      Maybe you'd describe me as blinded by hope and deluded in the fantasies weaved by our eight-legged and sinister leader, but so what. I would rather be lost in the half-cocked dreams of those with the power to persuade than be endlessly pressed by the blathering insomniacs who haven't dreamt for a decade or more and feel the need to talk until all those around them drop, and share their misery.

2 Not allowed!
      Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.
      "I looked straight across to Graham Turner and their whole bench was in tears."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Sorry but why are we suddenly talking about selling cheap?

If we were a Championship side eyeing up a Premier league reserve we'd never be expecting to get them for £3-5m. We'd be rolling out eyes at even having a chance to get them.

There is no way I want us selling Goldson. It weakens our squad for the sake of an amount of money that will enable us to buy very little.
      if they get goldson at that price they have one hell of a bargain
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Napper View Post
      3m will get him I suspect.

Isnt great in todays prices with other English clubs.

Unfortunately for us we won't get a massive price with it involving Rangers and CG wanting to go.

Can't blame him , I think its a great move for him. Cant blame the lad
      I don't blame him for wanting a move, but to Rangers? There is very little competitive football north of the border. He is easily good enough to play for almost any club in the Championship. Wait a while and l feel sure another offer will come in, now that clubs realise he wants away.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CAPTAIN GREALISH View Post
      if they get goldson at that price they have one hell of a bargain
      A player with next to no Premier League experience, and barely a season in the Championship? I wouldn't call it a bargain at all.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I’m not surprised that Rangers want him or that Goldson would be tempted. Gerrard being manager is going to massively appeal to a generation of players and I can’t stand the club but they are ‘big’ and undoubtably have a large fan base.

The value is an absolute mystery though. Why is there any talk of him being worth less than £5/£6 million in this market?! If they get him for £2 - £3 million then they’ve got an absolute steal.

I don’t know but is there a chance the heart issue he had has a bearing on the value? I can’t see any other reason for the low value being discussed, he’s quality.