Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Goldson has not played enough since his heart problem to be be considered “Premier League” standard...imo.
Definitely. I'm just saying I think he's good enough, I wouldn't expect that to be the market's view.

Maybe you know better than CH though, who doesn’t seem to rate him that highly at this level. :shrug:
Chris doesn't seem to rate him as highly as Dunk. That doesn't mean Chris doesn't think he'll ever be able to play at PL level.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed......will be sad to see him go (if he does) but he's had precious little game time and for his own sake probably wants to be playing. He's also probably 4th choice CB at the moment after D&D and Balogun (who is already a full international), and if we sign Moore as well he's potentially even further away from the first team.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

And talk of Paddy McNair too, yet another centre back. Perhaps all this is telling him one thing, that his future needs to be away from the Albion. Sometimes that's just the way of it, it's time to move on, nothing lasts forever after all.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Definitely. I'm just saying I think he's good enough, I wouldn't expect that to be the market's view.

Chris doesn't seem to rate him as highly as Dunk. That doesn't mean Chris doesn't think he'll ever be able to play at PL level.

How do you know he can hack it in the Premier League without seeing him! I, and more importantly other clubs, would want to see the proof.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I rate Goldson very highly but it must be said it is based on potential not what he has achieved in The Premier so perhaps others in the best position to know do not rate him as highly as me and many other supporters do. Plus they have better information oif his medical condition than we do.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I rate Goldson very highly but it must be said it is based on potential not what he has achieved in The Premier so perhaps others in the best position to know do not rate him as highly as me and many other supporters do. Plus they have better information oif his medical condition than we do.

Goldson is totally clear of the condition so we have been informed , so are you implying the club are lying and would let him play or be transferred knowing that he still actually has a condition that could kill him if he plays football ? , because i'm pretty sure that's not the way this or hopefully any football club in this century would go about their business , if iv'e misinterpreted your post then sorry , but if i haven't i'd say that's simply not true .

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
And talk of Paddy McNair too, yet another centre back. Perhaps all this is telling him one thing, that his future needs to be away from the Albion. Sometimes that's just the way of it, it's time to move on, nothing lasts forever after all.

Whatever the press seems to think - McNair himself thinks he's a midfielder...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do you know he can hack it in the Premier League without seeing him!
I don't, which is why I say I think he's good enough for the PL, rather than I know he is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He is a lucky lucky man, back from a life threatening problem and now with a baby son. Will he leave, won’t he leave pales into insignificance in the big picture. Model professional too.

GOLD :bowdown:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The given name will be a big clue here. If it's "Stevie", someone needs to fill up their car with petrol and travel sweets, pick up Connor and set their Sat Nav for Glasgow.

Or Billy or Gerrard

But if its Tim or john paul or francis then he's not going there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here