Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goldson - Rangers [CONFIRMED]

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I think he said demonstrated he’s as good as the other two. I didn’t see Duffy put in a performance like his against Watford all season.

But the reality is Hughton prefers Duffy. I think that’s in part because Duffy plays the stopper role. Whereas both Goldson and Dunk are better readers of the game and play off of one another rather than having distinct roles when they play together.

It’s a tactical preference.
Are you related to Goldson?

Absolutely incredible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Are you related to Goldson?

Absolutely incredible.

Did Goldson sleep with your wife?

Or are you just one of those people that gets all giddy when a defender heads the ball away unchallenged and therefore doesn’t feel the need to have someone more rounded in that position?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When did we last concede from a set play?

Man City (A) third goal

Can’t remember whether Liverpool second was from a corner or not
Liverpool (A) free header as we fell asleep

I believe we were in the top 1-3 in the division, I think the stat was on MOTD or SSN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Did Goldson sleep with your wife?

Or are you just one of those people that gets all giddy when a defender heads the ball away unchallenged and therefore doesn’t feel the need to have someone more rounded in that position?
Not to my knowledge. I'm not aware that he slept with Chris Hughton's either but perhaps I'm wrong on that.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Rangers are taking a punt on this one.

This proposed deal is being well publicised. In today's world the fee is not high but if it is such a steal there would be competition. There is not. That says something. He is really unproven. It is a case of what might be.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Rangers are taking a punt on this one.

This proposed deal is being well publicised. In today's world the fee is not high but if it is such a steal there would be competition. There is not. That says something. He is really unproven. It is a case of what might be.

It depends if you think the level in the Scottish Prem is as good as the PL.

Given he excelled in the championship and the Scottish Prem is probably equivalent to the bottom half of that, I would suggest there is minimal risk to Rangers.

Rangers, despite what their supporters believe, at this moment in time, would not be a force even in the championship. The Souness days are long gone.

It’s a great addition for them (all IMO of course!) [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not to my knowledge. I'm not aware that he slept with Chris Hughton's either but perhaps I'm wrong on that.

No. Perhaps...as I said...Hughton just wants a very specific player in that position, which is his tactical right as the manager of our club.

But, and I know this is going to sound ludicrous to you considering some of your comments in our current exchange, people can disagree with your opinion and his on this and other matters without it being an affront to anyone.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No. Perhaps...as I said...Hughton just wants a very specific player in that position, which is his tactical right as the manager of our club.

But, and I know this is going to sound ludicrous to you considering some of your comments in our current exchange, people can disagree with your opinion and his on this and other matters without it being an affront to anyone.

He wanted the best players in each position.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He's never really demonstrated that he's amazing though has he? I think his stock has increased whilst he's been on the bench. He had half a season in the championship in a year that ended with us missing out on promotion, then had heart surgery, then had a couple of games in the premier league :shrug:

Well, I'd like to see him given a chance to prove himself. If the lad wants to go then good luck to him. But £3m? Surely we don't need that and I'm convinced he will be a very good defender.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Keeping a 25 man squad happy must be quite a balancing act. CH is a master of it. I reckon, players that just cannot get in the team, ie CG are quietly told that ,for the right price,and a suitable replacement,they can leave in seach of first team football. That must save a lot disruption but at the same time,keep the squad competing,happy ,and together.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Keeping a 25 man squad happy must be quite a balancing act. CH is a master of it. I reckon, players that just cannot get in the team, ie CG are quietly told that ,for the right price,and a suitable replacement,they can leave in seach of first team football. That must save a lot disruption but at the same time,keep the squad competing,happy ,and together.

must be a lot easier in the prem.

You have a lot of the trappings of fame , numerous sponsorship deals and probably 35k + a week.

Unless you are a top top performer then to move would probably be backwards on all these things.

Would keep most people happy I'd imagine.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
What i find confusing in all this is why Goldson would want to play in Scotland. The level of football there is so dire that the league may as well not even exist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What i find confusing in all this is why Goldson would want to play in Scotland. The level of football there is so dire that the league may as well not even exist.

Maybe Rangers are the only club who have come up with a valuation that is even close to what TB would take. Goldson wants first team football or he wants out so although it's not ideal it suits both parties and keeps them reasonably happy without rocking the togetherness of the squad. Complete supposition of course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe Rangers are the only club who have come up with a valuation that is even close to what TB would take. Goldson wants first team football or he wants out so although it's not ideal it suits both parties and keeps them reasonably happy without rocking the togetherness of the squad. Complete supposition of course.

It's not a bad move for a player that has gone through what Goldson has medically, and been out of first team football for the best part of 2 seasons. Despite what anyone says about the overall standard, Rangers are a high profile club, and if he has a good season he'll be very much in the shop window. Might not be a bad move for him at all if like you say, there hasn't been a queue of other sensible offers.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's not a bad move for a player that has gone through what Goldson has medically, and been out of first team football for the best part of 2 seasons. Despite what anyone says about the overall standard, Rangers are a high profile club, and if he has a good season he'll be very much in the shop window. Might not be a bad move for him at all if like you say, there hasn't been a queue of other sensible offers.

Rangers are a bit more than High Profile. Even though they've been to the foot of the Scottish professional pyramid they are a HUGE club. They are the Old Firm. If CG is successful with Rangers his profile will also be huge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here