Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] BBC2 Simon Mayo Show

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Have listened to his show for some time and loved it,Now a female disk Jockey has been brought in to share the lead, Simon had a great team and if anybody was to share top spot then it should be one of the team.
I should like to know whether anyone has been displayed:annoyed:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Have listened to his show for some time and loved it,Now a female disk Jockey has been brought in to share the lead, Simon had a great team and if anybody was to share top spot then it should be one of the team.

I do hope that the BBC haven’t asked a female DJ to display herself. Very poor show if so.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not keen on the changes to the show, (always liked Simon Mayo's Drivetime programme and I'm disappointed they've binned it) but she has a name, Jo Whiley, and has been a stalwart of BBC radio for a long time. To refer to her vaguely as "a female disk jockey" seems more than a little condescending to me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I stopped listening to Simon Mayo on R2, same thing every week.
Cooking on the radio FFS, that's all you need after a hard days work and being stuck in traffic.
And Fridays, listening to some bell end that's driving from Cornwall to Edinburgh asking for a request, same thing every week for I don't know how many years.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The 1950s rang up, they’d quite their views back.

Get real, the guy asked a question.

You must love being flavour of the month on Muesli Hill.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I stopped listening to Simon Mayo on R2, same thing every week.
Cooking on the radio FFS, that's all you need after a hard days work and being stuck in traffic.
And Fridays, listening to some bell end that's driving from Cornwall to Edinburgh asking for a request, same thing every week for I don't know how many years.

And it's always the same sh*te songs. Bon ******* Jovi.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still doing the confessions podcast ..that bit is all i listen too..as an aside he takes so many holidays he's not normally there half the time anyway

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
They wanted more women on the radio so lumbered Simon Mayo with this one. I listened to the whole programme and didn't hear any tips on removing stubborn stains or advice on dressmaking, so why bring her on?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I fi t wasn't for a female DJ (Annie Nightingale, before she turned a bit rubbish) I wouldn't have heard a fair amount of the music I like now so no complaints on that score. Haven't heard the new show format but have to admit never been a big fan of Jo Whiley though but will try to give it a listen.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I've no objections to having a male/female split on the presenting side, but as others have said Mayo and team made a good combination and can't see that messing with it will improve things. Not a fan of Jo Whiley I'm afraid - not a great interviewer and just a bit bland in style. Would rather the likes of Sara Cox, Lisa Tarbuck or Zoe had got the gig. Lisa in particular knows her music, has a great sense of humour and interacts well with callers.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I went to School with Simon Mayo.

Was in a lot of the same classes at Worthing High School for Boys, I think he was a Jute as well.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
The BBC employing women, disgraceful! Next thing you will be telling me they are paying them as well. A sad day for the nations broadcaster.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't listen to the show but I enjoy his Confessions podcast, so hope it doesn't interfere too much with that

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here