Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 134
  1. #71
    Members
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    3,842


    0 Not allowed!
    Are charities included? Will these laws still apply after Brexit?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      Worthing-By-Sea
      Posts
      12,115


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TheJasperCo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are charities included? Will these laws still apply after Brexit?
      Yes & Yes
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
    • #73
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Fishersgate and Proud
      Posts
      351


      0 Not allowed!
      So I am not allowed to go home and talk about my day with as that will breach GDPR rules unless I am very vague (which is hard to talk about things if you cant mention any details or the actual point of the story) I cant use my mobile phone for work emails anymore as although it has finger print access my wife knows my PIN (and I would rather her trust me than change my PIN for a new bollocky rule)
      We have to always clear desks etc whenever we leave them not just end of day which means already I spend a silly amount of time looking for something that should have just been just there.
      We shred everything now which seems just really dishonest.
      Basically a right pain in the bum although if it stops cold calling its a win.
      You put your left leg in, your left leg out.

      In, out, in, out and shake it all about...............
    • #74
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      4,250


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by marcos3263 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So I am not allowed to go home and talk about my day with as that will breach GDPR rules unless I am very vague (which is hard to talk about things if you cant mention any details or the actual point of the story) I cant use my mobile phone for work emails anymore as although it has finger print access my wife knows my PIN (and I would rather her trust me than change my PIN for a new bollocky rule)
      We have to always clear desks etc whenever we leave them not just end of day which means already I spend a silly amount of time looking for something that should have just been just there.
      We shred everything now which seems just really dishonest.
      Basically a right pain in the bum although if it stops cold calling its a win.
      Most of this is good practice and data security. Should be doing it anyway. Can’t blame GDPR!!

      Clear desk during the day seems a bit OTT but depends on how sensitive the data is. Ask yourself, how would you like info on you to be handled?
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
    • #75
      Administrator hitony's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2005
      Location
      South Wales (im not welsh !!)
      Posts
      16,105


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think when he said 'you' he meant 'your company', not 'you' personally. As you say you have to abide by your company's rules, but your company have either received poor advice or have misinterpreted the advice they've received.
      As that maybe, BUT I have been with the company for 8 months, the company can and will get rid of people for not abiding by their rules and regulations, the company ARE a major national company who can and will dispose of people as and when IF you / me / they / we /us DON'T follow their rules and regulations......I am 63 years old, I still have a mortgage and other large outgoings, hence I have to carry on working till i drop, very likely!

      Whilst I totally and completely DISAGREE with what I was told at this meeting, I am far from in a position to take them on in ANY legal or moral or whatever else style jargon anyone wants to use....so........I will HAVE to abide by their ignorant / miss informed / crap stupid WRONG rules on the basis I really need to pay my mortgage on a monthly basis! like many people in this country I am a month away from technically being homeless, at 63 I would rather do as they say however miss informed they maybe.

      This reply is not meant at you personally, sorry if it reads like that, it is not, that I promise.
    • #76
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      4,250


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hitony View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As that maybe, BUT I have been with the company for 8 months, the company can and will get rid of people for not abiding by their rules and regulations, the company ARE a major national company who can and will dispose of people as and when IF you / me / they / we /us DON'T follow their rules and regulations......I am 63 years old, I still have a mortgage and other large outgoings, hence I have to carry on working till i drop, very likely!

      Whilst I totally and completely DISAGREE with what I was told at this meeting, I am far from in a position to take them on in ANY legal or moral or whatever else style jargon anyone wants to use....so........I will HAVE to abide by their ignorant / miss informed / crap stupid WRONG rules on the basis I really need to pay my mortgage on a monthly basis! like many people in this country I am a month away from technically being homeless, at 63 I would rather do as they say however miss informed they maybe.

      This reply is not meant at you personally, sorry if it reads like that, it is not, that I promise.
      I don’t blame you!! To cover your back I would make sure I kept copies of emails, training notes, etc in a safe place.
      never forget what Stanley, Archer and Bellotti did
    • #77
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...
      Posts
      6,939


      0 Not allowed!
      Apparently I have to document and list the contents of the10s of thousands emails, spreadsheet and word documents I have lying around on my networks. I can't delete them. Those I want to delete I have to move to a special drive, and somebody else is supposed to analyse those I think should be deleted, decide on my behalf, and delete them for me.

      Whether this is what is actually required or not is immaterial - it is unworkable and complete bollocks. I may just "accidently" delete everything, and when somebody wants a copy of an e-mail from 5 years ago (as they did yesterday), I will tell them where they have stuck it.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    • #78

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Apparently I have to document and list the contents of the10s of thousands emails, spreadsheet and word documents I have lying around on my networks. I can't delete them. Those I want to delete I have to move to a special drive, and somebody else is supposed to analyse those I think should be deleted, decide on my behalf, and delete them for me.

      Whether this is what is actually required or not is immaterial - it is unworkable and complete bollocks. I may just "accidently" delete everything, and when somebody wants a copy of an e-mail from 5 years ago (as they did yesterday), I will tell them where they have stuck it.
      There is a difference between structured data and unstructured data. Spreadsheets used for processing data do need to be recorded. Generally, emails are classed as unstructured data and therefore you wouldn't have to record them.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
    • #79
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...
      Posts
      6,939


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hitony View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As that maybe, BUT I have been with the company for 8 months, the company can and will get rid of people for not abiding by their rules and regulations, the company ARE a major national company who can and will dispose of people as and when IF you / me / they / we /us DON'T follow their rules and regulations......I am 63 years old, I still have a mortgage and other large outgoings, hence I have to carry on working till i drop, very likely!

      Whilst I totally and completely DISAGREE with what I was told at this meeting, I am far from in a position to take them on in ANY legal or moral or whatever else style jargon anyone wants to use....so........I will HAVE to abide by their ignorant / miss informed / crap stupid WRONG rules on the basis I really need to pay my mortgage on a monthly basis! like many people in this country I am a month away from technically being homeless, at 63 I would rather do as they say however miss informed they maybe.

      This reply is not meant at you personally, sorry if it reads like that, it is not, that I promise.
      You really do need to go and have a lie down.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
    • #80
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2015
      Location
      Sittingbourne, Kent
      Posts
      2,492


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hitony View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      As that maybe, BUT I have been with the company for 8 months, the company can and will get rid of people for not abiding by their rules and regulations, the company ARE a major national company who can and will dispose of people as and when IF you / me / they / we /us DON'T follow their rules and regulations......I am 63 years old, I still have a mortgage and other large outgoings, hence I have to carry on working till i drop, very likely!

      Whilst I totally and completely DISAGREE with what I was told at this meeting, I am far from in a position to take them on in ANY legal or moral or whatever else style jargon anyone wants to use....so........I will HAVE to abide by their ignorant / miss informed / crap stupid WRONG rules on the basis I really need to pay my mortgage on a monthly basis! like many people in this country I am a month away from technically being homeless, at 63 I would rather do as they say however miss informed they maybe.

      This reply is not meant at you personally, sorry if it reads like that, it is not, that I promise.
      To be a pedant, and lighten the mood, can I just point out it is misinformed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •