Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Fat Tax

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Obesity through overeating is NOT the same as someone looking at another person and judging them as 'fat', because they appear to be overweight to your personal opinion.

This isn't a personal cause, but if it were I'd be even more vociferous. I am absolutely disgusted by the comments of some people on here tonight.

In fact, so much so that I could easily with little effort make a much stronger argument for your prejudices than you could. You don't even know why you feel hate towards the demographic you perceive as inferior to you. But I'm not being paid to do that - I charge by the hour - and frankly, I wouldn't have the heart to write stuff I don't believe in anyway.

I truly, earnestly pity anybody who looks at someone and makes a snap judgement as to their character, habits or wellbeing based on nothing but physical appearance or social standing. How desperately conceited and narrow-minded you must be. Judging someone as being lazy, or eating too much, or not conforming to your ideals in physical appearance is as ill-judged as it is reciprocated.

My girlfriend is from Canada - I suppose she'd 'talk funny' to some people's ears. I have some Mauritian and Iraqi ancestry, that makes me "foreign" no doubt, using the same yardstick. All this from fans of one of the football clubs in the country who suffer the most typical, boring and malicious prejudice in the country.

This has been a truly shameful episode for NSC.

You have extrapolated a HUMUNGOUS amount from about 2 sentences of mine, and assumed a huge amount about my character and beliefs, without really knowing anything about me. I certainly do not “hate” overweight people.

I’m assuming I’ve got caught in the crossfire a bit as the vast majority of your post doesn’t relate to me whatsoever.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well said. It's down to smugness, because the posters don't consider themselves to be fat.

Utter nonsense. He’s responding to me, and I confirmed that I am overweight!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, my husband was a rugby union player until he had a motorbike accident and ruptured his cruciate ligament. His arms, and shoulders have never returned to a 'natural size'

You might just as well say, why do people grow to 6 foot and others only 5' 6"?
Why are some babies 5lb at full term and others over 10lb?

We are not all slotted into pigeonholes. We don't eat pies etc so that isn't the cause, and he may only have two or three pints a week (at football) and nothing at all when we don't go.
He does cycle miles, and is this very moment, at the gym.

Any other medical advice you feel qualified to give?

Baffled by your response. Again, you seem to be putting essays worth of words into my mouth.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
If you're so destitute you can't afford to pay for an extra bag, then maybe channel your sizeism into some sort of hobby - you might even earn a few quid to fly with a better airline. Educating obese people on the benefits of healthy living, perhaps? Beats sitting writing vitriol from behind a keyboard on an internet forum, don't you agree?

Not sure Beach Hut is the one writing with vitriol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here