Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Fat Tax

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sorry if this has already been discussed - I would've thought it would on NSC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44121064

I've often wondered how shops can justify charging the same price for something with three times as much material, but apparently people are up in arms about it. I suppose I would be upset if this applied to shoes. Should there be a clothing size above which a fat tax applies?!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I say it's Up to the retailer. I think it's fair to charge more where there is more costs

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Easily avoided by going on a diet

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
They all managed to find the money to buy the mountains of food required to get fat, if they're now finding clothes are a bit more expensive I can think of one really bleeding obvious place to make some savings. :facepalm:

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
So, are McDonalds entitled to charge more for large fries than they do for regular fries, or is that just a "Fat Tax" on those with larger appetites?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surprised they haven't started doing this for planes a well. I'm below average weight, but heaven forbid I have an extra kilo of luggage.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surprised they haven't started doing this for planes a well. I'm below average weight, but heaven forbid I have an extra kilo of luggage.

Absolutely someone who is 6 stone heavier than me still gets the same luggage allowance........

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely someone who is 6 stone heavier than me still gets the same luggage allowance........

If you're so destitute you can't afford to pay for an extra bag, then maybe channel your sizeism into some sort of hobby - you might even earn a few quid to fly with a better airline. Educating obese people on the benefits of healthy living, perhaps? Beats sitting writing vitriol from behind a keyboard on an internet forum, don't you agree?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is naturally big ?

People who are fat consume more calories than required

Somebody who is a rugby player, and works with heavy steel in a press, is going to have large shoulders, so cannot buy shirts with anything amaller than a 17" in neck just to fit the shoulders. That also applies to jackets, coats etc.

Skinny people can shop at Primark, & chain stores, whereas big build people have shop at High & Mighty, or Jacamo, with a huge difference in cost.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you're so destitute you can't afford to pay for an extra bag, then maybe channel your sizeism into some sort of hobby - you might even earn a few quid to fly with a better airline. Educating obese people on the benefits of healthy living, perhaps? Beats sitting writing vitriol from behind a keyboard on an internet forum, don't you agree?

Take it you're a fatty yourself then?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I am not destitute thanks and no funnily enough I don't agree.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Somebody who is a rugby player, and works with heavy steel in a press, is going to have large shoulders, so cannot buy shirts with anything amaller than a 17" in neck just to fit the shoulders. That also applies to jackets, coats etc.

Skinny people can shop at Primark, & chain stores, whereas big build people have shop at High & Mighty, or Jacamo, with a huge difference in cost.

Poppycock, seen loads of large people in Primark clothes

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Take it you're a fatty yourself then?

I'm perfectly normal for my weight, standing 6'0". But my Dad died last Tuesday, after being a cancer survivor and suffering a heart condition and he was chronically below a healthy weight for his age and size. Does that mean he should've got a discount on his plane seat?

It irritates me, as somebody who has worked previously to help people with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, to read comments which blatantly and offensively generalise their conditions as being due to having, basically, too many pies.

Beach Hut was out of line and should apologise for his comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here