Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    HT says get on with it.
    “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We were in central Brighton today for the first time in ages.

It really is a shithole.

Quite how anyone can be possessive over such a dump is beyond me.
      Have you been to Stoke?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Have you been to Stoke?
      How's the head HT?
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

0 Not allowed!
      The homeless problem certainly isn't unique to Brighton and Hove, although we are a bit of a magnet for those unfortunate to be homeless and therefore it is magnified here. I like street art but I have to agree, the tagging really is getting out of control. I love the city, and will always defend it because there are so many great things about it and lovely areas, but the city centre really has become blighted it. It does seem now that every time a shop space becomes empty, overnight it's covered in graffiti. Part of the problem I guess (apart from the taggers themselves obviously!) is that, these days, there are more empty shop spaces. It's a shame, especially being such a tourist hot spot. Do wish the countless hen and stag dos would f### off though.
      Always a depressing site over the weekend seeing groups of (usually mostly massively overweight) hens and stags rampaging around the city centre with no shame

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PILTDOWN MAN View Post
      How's the head HT?
      I’m fine thanks. I had a fast 16m run to knock off this morning, which I have just finished, so I had my feet up sipping water last night. Shower, breakfast then I’ll ready myself for today’s feast of football....this time with a few beers.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seat Stealer View Post
      Air rifles at the ready....taggers are fair game. They are hardly going to report being shot at whilst vandalising property.
      Not the first suggestion of vigilante action that I've heard. Perhaps the authorities should act before somebody else does.

0 Not allowed!
      A bit of tagging has led to calls of vigilante action and revelling in the deaths of three young men.... **** me!
      He moves like dagger!

0 Not allowed!
      Ultimately, it all comes down to cash, not enough police on the streets,a CPS under budget and having to decide in the public interest which cases it can pursue, not enough prison space so offenders are given lenient sentences and council services stretched to breaking point across the board meaning cleaning up vandalism is a very low priority.

I think the mistake was made when some walls were allowed to have semi-official graffiti art allowed to remain which seemed an encouragement for more graffiti. The problem will remain a problem because as a society, we are fractured and weak.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Have you been to Stoke?
      Pathetic whataboutery.

Do I take from this you expect Brighton to be compared with Stoke in further discussions about the embarrassment you live in?
      Last edited by Stat Brother; 24-06-2018 at 09:38.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      This needs to be bounced as this is a huge issue in our city that needs to sorted out. Is there anybody out there taking action?