Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton drowning under grafitti and tagging - is there anything we can do?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst I would not for one nanosecond advocate the death penalty for acts of graffiti, I find it very difficult to have much sympathy for the three vandals who were caught in the act - literally caught in the act in this case by a big, heavy, fast-moving train that was where it should have been and they weren't.
My sympathy is reserved for the poor sods it is whose job it is to scrape up the bits (and there will be a lot of bits) and put them into bags to be incinerated in the local Crematorium - that has to be one of the most ghastly ways around to earn a living.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were in central Brighton today for the first time in ages.

It really is a shithole.

Quite how anyone can be possessive over such a dump is beyond me.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

It really is a shithole.

The town is becoming an embarrassment to our county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A 'minor' purge of the lefty/greeny virtue signalling elements from the city that encourage this sort of thing?

Yes, or give them a wall somewhere to scrawl on and invite the public to tazer vandals on site elsewhere. Problem is people in Brighton are lazy feckless degenerates who like to bask in a fake bohemian culture as long as others pick up the bill for their narcissistic posturing, This being a prime example of when the cost is spread between the decent law abiding citizens and the mob.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Problem is people in Brighton are lazy feckless degenerates who like to bask in a fake bohemian culture.

Even if you can cope with sidestepping the fella passed out in his tent on the pavement between the Odeon and the Clock Tower.
Or the other guy asleep by his tent in a rectangle of grass between terraces.
Or even the seriously expensive 'artisan' coffee.

We still managed to see 2 young chaps dressed like:-

Vintage-hunting-and-shooting-clothes.-Shooting-suit.jpg

That's not the same bloke twice.
Or 2 fellas together.
No it was 2 separate 'individuals', deciding to be different by being exactly the same.

All this with a backdrop of filth, graffiti, swearing and rudeness.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
About time Brighton residence reclaimed the town with cleaner streets and more money spent on looking after the Victorian seafront and gardens also improving recycling which has been poor under the greens and now labour.
I am sad to see the state of Brighton and Hove I was born in Brighton and I am very sad to see the rubbish and Graffiti yes we are tourist hot spot but that's why we need to look after Brighton and Hove.
Art Graffiti in the right place is okay but not on a Private property.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
HT says get on with it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It really is a shithole.

Have you been to Stoke?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The homeless problem certainly isn't unique to Brighton and Hove, although we are a bit of a magnet for those unfortunate to be homeless and therefore it is magnified here. I like street art but I have to agree, the tagging really is getting out of control. I love the city, and will always defend it because there are so many great things about it and lovely areas, but the city centre really has become blighted it. It does seem now that every time a shop space becomes empty, overnight it's covered in graffiti. Part of the problem I guess (apart from the taggers themselves obviously!) is that, these days, there are more empty shop spaces. It's a shame, especially being such a tourist hot spot. Do wish the countless hen and stag dos would f### off though.
Always a depressing site over the weekend seeing groups of (usually mostly massively overweight) hens and stags rampaging around the city centre with no shame

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How's the head HT?

I’m fine thanks. I had a fast 16m run to knock off this morning, which I have just finished, so I had my feet up sipping water last night. Shower, breakfast then I’ll ready myself for today’s feast of football....this time with a few beers. :thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Air rifles at the ready....taggers are fair game. They are hardly going to report being shot at whilst vandalising property.

Not the first suggestion of vigilante action that I've heard. Perhaps the authorities should act before somebody else does.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ultimately, it all comes down to cash, not enough police on the streets,a CPS under budget and having to decide in the public interest which cases it can pursue, not enough prison space so offenders are given lenient sentences and council services stretched to breaking point across the board meaning cleaning up vandalism is a very low priority.

I think the mistake was made when some walls were allowed to have semi-official graffiti art allowed to remain which seemed an encouragement for more graffiti. The problem will remain a problem because as a society, we are fractured and weak.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you been to Stoke?

Pathetic whataboutery.

Do I take from this you expect Brighton to be compared with Stoke in further discussions about the embarrassment you live in?

Last edited:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This needs to be bounced as this is a huge issue in our city that needs to sorted out. Is there anybody out there taking action?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here