Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOST Disappointing player over the season - Poll

Which player has disappointed you the most this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Could we at least name the thread title?

Perhaps:

Who was the least ****ing heroic of our heroes?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Decided not to vote. With 15 minutes to go at Goodison and in the grip of some extreme emotions, I would - if offered the choice - have voted for AK. Definitely seems to have sorted a few things out while he was suspended.

Everyone is therefore excused in the continuing miasma of post staying up euphoria.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh goody, another poll.

Shit thread. I'm out.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Not quite sure how anybody could be disappointed in anybody in the squad , every time a player was needed to step in , they did , and didn't let anyone down , obviously players had the odd poor game but we're playing in the best league in the world now , to single somebody out after a season like this is plain ridiculous , obviously IMO

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
A message from Solly to those who voted for him.....:D
Studio_20180515_194330.png

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
Solly March - an average championship player, not up to the top flight.
Hopefully we will cash in soon

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
IMO this thread shouldnt exsist.

Frustrating to see Knockaert and March being touted as disapointing, when clearly their roles in a team fghting to stay in the divsion are going to be a little different to roles in a team going for promotion.

Both have had to do a lot more defending this season and will have been reigned in on their attacking play. With better full backs behind them, I think we will see a lot more from them next season. Anyone who thinks they were going to smash this league were a little deluded IMO.

FWIW I voted March because in comparison to AK who started slowly, got to grips with what being a winger for us at this level means and then excelled in later games, March has gone backwards IMHO.

Yes he needs confidence but what he doesn’t have compared to our other wingers is enough pace. They can both commit themselves higher up the pitch knowing they can get back still. March can’t and that’s why unless he doubles down and works on it he won’t make it at this level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Voted Knockaert . In fairness, in the final few matches he played rather well. I felt that too often his attitude seemed wrong. This poll for me is very much achievement vs expectation so there are definitely players in the list that have contributed less - but I had hoped that AK would have been ever-present barring injury or suspension and would have wanted to see him make chances in most matches - he didn't do as well as that. I hope he does next season

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Reluctantly voted for Solly. Not in the sense that he let us down, no-one did that. I just expected a bit more of him.
For me the most disappointing thing was that on occasions he didn't seem to know what to do when he had the ball.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I voted Kayal.

Not because I think he was poor, just didn't kick on unlike Stephens. They were the exceptional centre mid partnership in the championship for me....
To be fair he was injured for large portions of the season which hasn't helped but Pröpper had been superb.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I didn't think I'd vote on this poll, as they've all been great, and as I scrolled down the list of names I was sure I wouldn't. And then I saw Solly's name. I love Solly, and I don't think he's let us down this season, I think he's done whats been asked of him and been a decent contributor. But, I thought Solly was going to be great, a premier league star, and he hasn't been and I don't think he's going to be ever. He's my biggest disappointment, but only because of my high expectations, and if you're reading Solly, you really did make a good contribution this season. If that shot against Arsenal had been a couple of inches to the left - hell you can still do it!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and who voted for Bong? arguably most improved player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here