Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOST Disappointing player over the season - Poll

Which player has disappointed you the most this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So, to compliment the MOST improved player this season, which player has been the most disappointing; either in terms of potential not realised, or a general drop in quality.

I'm going to list the players with 15+ appearances, so some will not feature...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I went Suttner just because I expected him to get the leftback shirt from Bong and hasn’t managed to make it his own and I expect we may well be in the market for a left back again.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pains me to say it, but it's gotta be Solly, hasn't it?

It would be unfair to comment on this, but you're probably correct. But then, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would probably suggest my opinion of Solly isn't exactly balanced.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Solly March - huge disappointment, maybe needed an extended run in the side? obviously not showing much in training.

Anthony Knockaert - Stop/Start season, gradually getting it together toward the end of the campaign but needs to get consistent.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I hate to say it, but it has to be March.

At the start of the season my premier league supporting mates were asking me which cheap Brighton players they should put in their fantasy football sides, I always said March as I really thought he was going to have a big season and we were going to be fighting off big bids this summer but it just hasn't happened for him. Hopefully he just needed a season of adjustment and he'll come back strongly next year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anthony Knockaert - Stop/Start season, gradually getting it together toward the end of the campaign but needs to get consistent.

This. Very frustrating.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simply because of his known ability and failure to deliver generally I must say Knockaert as I didnt expect much from some of those on the list but did him to prove Leicester wrong to let him go when they did.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
is March disappointing so many because they had too high expectations of him? I thought he was OK. Knockaert is supposed to be at this level already.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Sadly it's Solly. However I think there's decent PL player in there and if he can get his confidence he could be great next year.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
is March disappointing so many because they had too high expectations of him? I thought he was OK. Knockaert is supposed to be at this level already.

I've not voted yet, but you make a strong case. Championship Player of the Season last time out - that does raise expectations.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here