Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41
  1. #21
    Muslamic Infidel
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,862


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blocks 58 - 1st
    Interceptions 71 - 1st
    Tackles 67 - 1st
    Pass Accuracy 79% - 5th

    Worth a mention on the bbc site you would have thought.
    There will be Premier League midfielders who wish they had that pass accuracy.
    Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!
      Posts
      5,377


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nicko31 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Southgate is ex Palace, Southgate is from Crawley, enough said
      I know Palace are our bitter rivals and Crawley is hardly the most salubrious place on earth, but bloody hell mate you’re taking this to a new level of bitterness. Most players are not fans of the clubs they play for, therefore when they leave do you honestly think they give a monkey’s about fans’ rivalries? Do you honestly think it’s going to affect Southgate’s judgement whether a player worth selecting is from Brighton or anywhere else? The answer is of course no. He will select according to merit, or whether that player fits in to his plans or style of play. Enough said.
    • #23
      Members Garry Nelson's Left Foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      tokyo
      Posts
      8,555


      1 Not allowed!
      Dunk doesn't just come out on top in the tackling, interceptions and block categories he smashes everybody elses stats. Eight more interceptions than the next best, fifteen more blocks and twenty one more tackles. His passing accuracy is average compared to the others but I imagine a lot of the inaccuracy comes from the big diagonals he plays numerous times every game.

      I wonder what the actual reason is (rather than 'he's palace') for Southgate not even looking at him? Dunk is a left sided, ball playing centre half who tops all the key defensive stats charts. On the face of it he seems a really good fit for how Southgate wants England to play yet not a sniff of a chance so far. Is he too error prone? Concentration an issue? What is the reason?
    • #24
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      37,976


      0 Not allowed!
      Four own goals?

      Lack of experience in a back three?
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #25
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      4,996


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's Left Foot View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Dunk doesn't just come out on top in the tackling, interceptions and block categories he smashes everybody elses stats. Eight more interceptions than the next best, fifteen more blocks and twenty one more tackles. His passing accuracy is average compared to the others but I imagine a lot of the inaccuracy comes from the big diagonals he plays numerous times every game.

      I wonder what the actual reason is (rather than 'he's palace') for Southgate not even looking at him? Dunk is a left sided, ball playing centre half who tops all the key defensive stats charts. On the face of it he seems a really good fit for how Southgate wants England to play yet not a sniff of a chance so far. Is he too error prone? Concentration an issue? What is the reason?
      He's ****ing clueless.
    • #26

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He's ****ing clueless.
      That and his Wegner like mentality when it comes to players - Wenger usually went French, Southgate usually goes for players he knows from U21s.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man
    • #27
      Captain Hindsight TSB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Lansdowne Place, Hove
      Posts
      15,800


      0 Not allowed!
      I think he's in Vegas with the rest of the team.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
    • #28

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You've not even skimmed it really, here is what is stated:

      So who is in form and who has stood out in the Premier League this season?

      BBC Sport has taken the key statistics from each position to see if there are any standout options.



      So on Monday, BBC Sport produce an article by one of their pundits with Lewis Dunk in the team of the season, so basically 1 of 2 Premier League central defenders.

      Tuesday, Dunk isn't even included in a list of central defenders who have stood out this season...

      If you look at the key statistics they've claimed they're using, Dunk tops most of them.


      I did skim it (obviously) and took it to mean from those they (the author) believe to be in contention. Rightly or wrongly, Dunky isn't an "England World Cup prospect."
      I don't want a signature.
    • #29

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Would you say no if CH went after him?
      Yes. He’s a downgrade on all 3 of our midfield options.
    • #30
      Members greyseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Location
      West Worthing
      Posts
      2,013


      0 Not allowed!
      Jesus, looking at that story really confirms how poor our national squad really is

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •