Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shane Duffy

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Davy Propper

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Has to have improved from their start point and therefore must be Jose who has gone from sourpuss to everybody's shoe-in over the course of the season

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think Ryan as well, thinking back to that friendly at the start and that first goal he conceded...........

If the question was "since his red card at Everton" then Knocky for sure, Gross has been superb all season long as have all of the others who have taken the step up. Particularly pleasing is we beat Man Utd with our championship defence.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another vote for Ryan - vastly improved and while under some pressure for being too short.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I voted Izquierdo as I think that players like Ryan and Gross were pretty good in the first place.

Jose had to get used to this league.

Schelotto would have definitely been in with a shout but his recent form let him down.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Most Improved since last season: Bong (Without a shadow of a doubt)

Most Improved since the start of the season: IMO Ryan. He got better and better every game.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Voted Propper, it would have been Jose Izquierdo, however I felt he tailed off towards the end of the season, I think he has the potential and there is more we can get from him, just something niggles me about if he is sometimes not that interested or team Albion or team Jose...

Ah what do I know, ignore me.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Voted Propper, it would have been Jose Izquierdo, however I felt he tailed off towards the end of the season, I think he has the potential and there is more we can get from him, just something niggles me about if he is sometimes not that interested or team Albion or team Jose...

Ah what do I know, ignore me.

Common did you see him at the lap of honour at the end of the season? He was having a lovely time.

I think you are reading far too much into it, every player is different just as people are in life.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm going for Maty Ryan. Just seemed to get better with every game.

But how do we know that he has improved over last season? He wasn't with us then, and we didn't see him play! Same with any of the players we have signed since the end of last season, Gross, Izquierdo, Schelotto et al.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
IMO March is in the lead for that award

The opening 4 games of the season March was probably our stand out player.

He isnt out of his depth in the PL but he does seem to be doing a very different role for us, much more defensive and I think he does that Job well, we just wont see him flying forward too often and as such wont get too many plaudits.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Common did you see him at the lap of honour at the end of the season? He was having a lovely time.

I think you are reading far too much into it, every player is different just as people are in life.

I know, I did say ignore me.

I think he can give a little more on the pitch sometimes and look up a bit more, a bit like knocky, but that's what makes player like them two exciting and a joy to watch I guess. I think he will improve again next season and if we can improve him slightly boy we would have a real star... instead of a meteor

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But how do we know that he has improved over last season? He wasn't with us then, and we didn't see him play! Same with any of the players we have signed since the end of last season, Gross, Izquierdo, Schelotto et al.

That wasn't the question though, it was how they have improved this season not over last season

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
100% Bong.

There were times last season he didn't know which way we were shooting. I had him down as a huge liability at the start of the season. But he has proved me and many others wrong. Barely put a foot wrong for most of this season,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here