Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Begging Bowl is out again

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Surely no-one would be stupid enough.

He's been a busted flush since the fag end of his Spurs days.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ideal manager for any club looking to **** up their finances and enter administration. Maybe he’ll take over from Woy that would be the perfect match.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
His dog Lucy is down to the bare bones.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Given that he lives in nearby Sandbanks, the ideal job for 'Arry would be AFC Bournemouth & Boscombe. The owner has piles of money for HR to fritter away (Pompey style).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When AFCB were a struggling club prior to the current owner buying it. I think that Yeovil could be a possibility though. as only just down the road and low down in status.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Blimey, he's got another dog! Is Rosie doing time for tax evasion?

Good shout, Jim. Getting Harry's dogs names in a twist.

(There's probably another account for Lucy somewhere tucked away...)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Don't get me wrong. I REALLY dislike the guy, but clubs going bust is NOT the fault of the manager.

Manager "Can I have this player"

Chairman "No, we can't afford it"

It's not difficult.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Don't get me wrong. I REALLY dislike the guy, but clubs going bust is NOT the fault of the manager.

Manager "Can I have this player"

Chairman "No, we can't afford it"

It's not difficult.
But 'onest 'arry seems to have the knack of persuading chairmen to spend vast fortunes on dross and then buggering off while blaming everyone but himself when the shit his the fan.

I agree that the Chairman could always say no but the flap faced chancer has been complicit in the ruin of these clubs.

In any other business he'd never stand a chance of working again (well, he'd probably be in jail actually) but in football you never know if some batshit crazy owner will ignore the facts and give him another go.

I mean, Pardew even managed to get another PL job after proving himself to be utterly useless.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But 'onest 'arry seems to have the knack of persuading chairmen to spend vast fortunes on dross and then buggering off while blaming everyone but himself when the shit his the fan.

I agree that the Chairman could always say no but the flap faced chancer has been complicit in the ruin of these clubs.

In any other business he'd never stand a chance of working again (well, he'd probably be in jail actually) but in football you never know if some batshit crazy owner will ignore the facts and give him another go.

I mean, Pardew even managed to get another PL job after proving himself to be utterly useless.

But, frankly, if my job was football manager, and I knew my chairman was SO INCOMPETENT that he wasn't brave enough to ever say no to me asking for more money, then I'd ask away.

I don't expect the manager to be an expert in economics. It's not their job.

"What's my budget? Great, I'll spend that".

Again, I am not a HR apologist. He is an awful man. But clubs going bust with him in charge, no matter how charming he may be, is not his responsibility.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I don't like Harry, & think he is a chancer, but using his looks for a dig, isn't on imo. He looks like he does, because of a car accident.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some owner will look at his managerial ability and sign him provided they have the finance to bring in the players he wants to sign.

Sorry I dont understand your post as he is a proven manager so much so that many wanted him as England Manager. Also it is a proven fact that when taking over he will want to bring in tried and tested players as he has done at every club that he has managed. So why the sign?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Buy a Football Club ? With what ? Why do you think he needs to take every job he is approached about ?

According to the book Broken Dreams the writer Tom Bowers said that he never bought or sold a player unless he received at least £100k for the deal so based on the number of players he has bought and sold he should be a very wealthy man. It is worth noting the author also slated Don Revie and Brian Clough for underhand dealings and not one of them or their family took legal action against him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here