Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rother Valley Railway (extension of the KESR)

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
It reinstates on the same route but would require a new level crossing over the main A21 London to Hastings road. There was one on the old road but a new bypass has been built since then across what I would imagine is the Rother flood plain.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Some BIG TIME nimbys here, the Daily Mail as ever on the wrong side...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-trying-grab-farm-land-7million-project.html

These farmers are somewhat reminiscent of the Falmer Villagers...

Thoughts ???

Went out to the KESR last weekend . Excellent. It's their 40s weekend this week, much recommended.

So whilst I'm 100% on the heritage railway side and would love to see a connection to the mainline at Robertsbridge, one of the volunteers over there was explaining when the landowners did the deal they had a promise from KESR that the line would never be reinstated. The railway are really regretting this now of course because the heritage revival is growing all over the country and they have seen huge increase in interest which is forecast to grow like the Blue bell if they can reconnect to the mainline.

Hopefully they will find a way to overcome the objections. But on this occasion you do have to have some sympathy for the landowners.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Went out to the KESR last weekend . Excellent. It's their 40s weekend this week, much recommended.

So whilst I'm 100% on the heritage railway side and would love to see a connection to the mainline at Robertsbridge, one of the volunteers over there was explaining when the landowners did the deal they had a promise from KESR that the line would never be reinstated. The railway are really regretting this now of course because the heritage revival is growing all over the country and they have seen huge increase in interest which is forecast to grow like the Blue bell if they can reconnect to the mainline.

Hopefully they will find a way to overcome the objections. But on this occasion you do have to have some sympathy for the landowners.
Out of interest, what deal?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I live in Robertsbridge and almost all locals want it. Landlady of the Halt is against due to a piece of land by the side of pub being owned by one of the landowners. The pub uses that land so she is supporting them, otherwise it would be madness being against something that would bring tourist to the area.

I could say a lot about his but will get wound up so let the landowners (NOT farmers at all) have their whinge then their can **** off and let the rest of us enjoy the great delight of seeing a bygone age.

UP THE RAILWAY

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Sympathy for what? They're getting £7M according to the OP's link. Life of Reilly ever after.............................

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Hope the Bluebell doesn't run into thus sort of problem as I think they own the trackbed to Ardingly from Horsted Keynes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here