Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    My thinking of Crawley or National League would enable him to go part time playing but continue as a coach for one of our teams being a long term solution for him. If he left to go to a Championship side eg Millwall/ QPR etc he would be in the same position this time next year with perhaps there being no coaching vacancy available with us. That is probably too far thinking for most on here but he has to think of his future when the playing stops.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      National League!?

The guy is a solid Championship player. If he wants to keep playing at all, he'll be aiming a lot higher than that.
      He may have changed his mind since, of course, but he did say 18 months ago that Brighton was going to be his last club as a player, and that he wanted to go straight into coaching.

If he is sticking to his own life plan, he has now hung up his boots.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      My thinking of Crawley or National League would enable him to go part time playing but continue as a coach for one of our teams being a long term solution for him. If he left to go to a Championship side eg Millwall/ QPR etc he would be in the same position this time next year with perhaps there being no coaching vacancy available with us. That is probably too far thinking for most on here but he has to think of his future when the playing stops.
      He does, but the type of arrangement you've laid out is a thing of the (distant) past. All bar one National League side are full time, and Crawley have been for about ten years. And I doubt the Albion academy is in the market for a part time (senior) coach, to be honest.

If he does want to play AND coach, he'll take a player-coach role, (at ONE club).
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      He does, but the type of arrangement you've laid out is a thing of the (distant) past. All bar one National League side are full time, and Crawley have been for about ten years. And I doubt the Albion academy is in the market for a part time (senior) coach, to be honest.

If he does want to play AND coach, he'll take a player-coach role, (at ONE club).

If a vacancy exists within short distance as he and his family appear now settled in the area and like most would have no wish to leave.

I was comparing the role of FDM when he worked for AITC and played for Crawley for a while and Guy Butters who managed Winchester City and worked for AITC.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      As intelligent and articulate as he is in public, it would be a waste of his talents if he didn't go into coaching - which is something he's said he wants to do.

And if that goes wrong, then there's always the meeja.
      Yeah, could really see him behind the mic, smart guy who knows the game
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated Spring 2018
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Not, for me, in the same league as Sidders, but he breathed the stripes whilst here. Thank you Liam, you can hold your head high.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Leroy is his dad who applied for our managers job many times but unsuccesful.

0 Not allowed!
      He's been coaching and scouting for us this season. He'll take up a coaching role here. Probably season after next.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      We shall just have to wait and see what he decides and what actually happens.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Thanks Liam, good player great guy, he loves it here and I for one would love to see him working for the club.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!