Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Farewell Liam Rosenior (or is it?)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Be a shame if he doesn’t have another year playing somewhere. Think we’d allow him to coach here when he is done playing.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think media work beckons, he is more articulate than most. He has also spoken about coaching so maybe our younger players could benefit?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Good luck Liam, Legend....

For this I will forever love you....

Attachments

• Chin up-Sheffield Wednesday vs.JPG
    Chin up-Sheffield Wednesday vs.JPG
    316.4 KB · Views: 1,556

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would hope that he gets a coaching role perhaps in the U23s or a younger team as his wealth of experience would help them tremendously. and maybe continue playing at either Crawley or National League for another season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would dearly love him to stay in some capacity.....he's always talked about moving into coaching (think he's already done some of the badges ?). Sad to see all these players tweeting the end of their BHAFC playing days, but on a less sympathetic note also obvious the club are clearly cracking on with things. Wouldn't be surprised to see some early activity when the window SWINGS open on Thursday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would hope that he gets a coaching role perhaps in the U23s or a younger team as his wealth of experience would help them tremendously. and maybe continue playing at either Crawley or National League for another season.

National League!?

The guy is a solid Championship player. If he wants to keep playing at all, he'll be aiming a lot higher than that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd love him to join the coaching staff. An honest and intelligent man who is solidly grounded and yet fiercely competitive. Reminds me of someone else at our club.....

Anyone who's read his columns in the Guardian knows how much he thinks about the game but also how much he loves it here in Brighton. We seem made for each other and I read that tweet the same way the OP does.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
National League!?

The guy is a solid Championship player. If he wants to keep playing at all, he'll be aiming a lot higher than that.
Textbook BG statement, we expect nothing less - downgrade a player by 2-3 leagues ( "league 2 at best" etc. )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thinking of Crawley or National League would enable him to go part time playing but continue as a coach for one of our teams being a long term solution for him. If he left to go to a Championship side eg Millwall/ QPR etc he would be in the same position this time next year with perhaps there being no coaching vacancy available with us. That is probably too far thinking for most on here but he has to think of his future when the playing stops.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
National League!?

He may have changed his mind since, of course, but he did say 18 months ago that Brighton was going to be his last club as a player, and that he wanted to go straight into coaching.

If he is sticking to his own life plan, he has now hung up his boots.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My thinking of Crawley or National League would enable him to go part time playing but continue as a coach for one of our teams being a long term solution for him. If he left to go to a Championship side eg Millwall/ QPR etc he would be in the same position this time next year with perhaps there being no coaching vacancy available with us. That is probably too far thinking for most on here but he has to think of his future when the playing stops.

He does, but the type of arrangement you've laid out is a thing of the (distant) past. All bar one National League side are full time, and Crawley have been for about ten years. And I doubt the Albion academy is in the market for a part time (senior) coach, to be honest.

If he does want to play AND coach, he'll take a player-coach role, (at ONE club).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He does, but the type of arrangement you've laid out is a thing of the (distant) past. All bar one National League side are full time, and Crawley have been for about ten years. And I doubt the Albion academy is in the market for a part time (senior) coach, to be honest.

If he does want to play AND coach, he'll take a player-coach role, (at ONE club).

If a vacancy exists within short distance as he and his family appear now settled in the area and like most would have no wish to leave.

I was comparing the role of FDM when he worked for AITC and played for Crawley for a while and Guy Butters who managed Winchester City and worked for AITC.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As intelligent and articulate as he is in public, it would be a waste of his talents if he didn't go into coaching - which is something he's said he wants to do.

And if that goes wrong, then there's always the meeja.

Yeah, could really see him behind the mic, smart guy who knows the game

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Not, for me, in the same league as Sidders, but he breathed the stripes whilst here. Thank you Liam, you can hold your head high.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's been coaching and scouting for us this season. He'll take up a coaching role here. Probably season after next.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Thanks Liam, good player great guy, he loves it here and I for one would love to see him working for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here