Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Farewell Liam Rosenior (or is it?)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Iz football as someone once said, it has to come to an end sometime.
I hope he goes into coaching and I hope it's with us, if not then media, I feel he would be better than most who are on the TV at the moment, but there are lots of them.
Maybe he will play for a lower league side.
But, I always feel a tinge of sadness when players like Liam have to leave, I always want them to stay with the club in one form or another, if it was me at the helm instead of Tony Bloom we would have about 30 coaches.
Players and people like Liam are few and far between, we have been blessed with quite a few over the recent years, Bruno will be another.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Iz football as someone once said, it has to come to an end sometime.
I hope he goes into coaching and I hope it's with us, if not then media, I feel he would be better than most who are on the TV at the moment, but there are lots of them.
But, I always feel a tinge of sadness when players like Liam have to leave, I always want them to stay with the club in one form or another, if it was me at the helm instead of Tony Bloom we would have about 30 coaches.
Players and people like Liam are few and far between, we have been blessed with quite a few over the recent years, Bruno will be another.

I can only think of three to retain from their playing days... Caldo, Bruno and Liam.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We can't take on every player that hangs up his boots. I get the sentimentality but the club will decide who they want to progress. Newly- retired players will likely be well down the pecking order but Liam won't be out of work for too long.

No sentimentality here. That seeks to presume they'd get a coaching gig just because they've played here. The old hackenyed 'he knows the club' line; an absurdly over-used consideration when appointing someone.

If - IF - the club seek to employ Liam, it will be on merit alone.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes you are right, getting a bit sentimental, when given the chance Liam was such a good player for us.

And an even bigger personality. Which is why suggesting him for a post-playing role with the club isn't (just) sentimentality, as is the case with those mentioned by [MENTION=17215]Sussex Nomad[/MENTION].

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Good luck Liam, Legend....

For this I will forever love you....

A million percent. Without seeing this thread. I have said the same I can never forget him for that night. What a leader. Doug me out of a whole and gave that hope it wasnt over.

Gets me fired up just looking at that picture.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Leroy is his dad .

tenor.gif

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good championship player.

Shame the thug Kermogant restricted his appearances in our promotion year. Still, I think Sidwell let Kermogant know we hadn't forgotten.......

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
[/B]

I was comparing the role of FDM when he worked for AITC and played for Crawley for a while and Guy Butters who managed Winchester City and worked for AITC.

Completely different examples, AITC is a charity and FDM was working for them around his commitments to Crawley. Winchester are a part time club playing at around level 7 of the pyramid meaning that Butters has plenty of time for AITC too, his commitments to Winchester were much more likely to be evening training sessions etc.

Coaching at U23 or U18 level would require a totally different set of priorities to what Butters and FDM had in your example.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here