Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp - generous or patronising?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Honestly, some people get so precious on here. The bloke said nice things about us and that’s fair enough. What would have happened if he said that we were absolutely tonked, were mediocre opposition and that we didn’t deserve to be in the Premier League? :shrug:

He could have said that just to piss moaning Mourinho off as well.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I assumed it was a bit of a peace offering type statement after (inadvertently?) angering Hughton when they walloped us at the Amex.

Plus its really easy to be magnanimous when you've taken the opposition to school, guaranteed a top four finish, had two players score their first goals for the club, escaped with no injuries and having everybody firing and in form for a champions league final in two weeks time.

Anyway, it's probably quite easy to read it as patronising but I doubt that was the intent.

This.

There's always a shit stirrer, on a fishing trip. It weirdly helps some get over a defeat.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Too often people get accused of being patronising when they are simply being nice.

Klopp actually managed to express the sentiment in a very matter of fact and respectful sort of a way.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Did anyone else find it a little patronising when Klopp said he was happy that his team didn't take more of their chances because 'Brighton wouldn't have deserved that'?

If we'd lost 6-0 then yes, I think we'd all agree that we would have deserved it. I don't know whether we want rival managers feeling sorry for us.

Do you think you're reading to much into it!?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Did anyone else find it a little patronising when Klopp said he was happy that his team didn't take more of their chances because 'Brighton wouldn't have deserved that'?

If we'd lost 6-0 then yes, I think we'd all agree that we would have deserved it. I don't know whether we want rival managers feeling sorry for us.

Klopp is a kreep. All mister happy-go-lucky nice guy when he wins, no-class graceless wanker when he loses. He could really learn a lot from CH in how to conduct himself in a dignified manner.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I guess you read into it what you want to read into it, but I didn't take it as patronising at all.

I took it as a different way of saying that a larger margin would have flattered Liverpool. 4-0 summed up the gap on the day, but something like 6-0 would have not been reflective. Yes, that was a generous thing to say, because Liverpool were clearly vastly superior to us, and I'm not sure 6-0 would have flattered them.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
No problem at all with Klopp. It's not his fault he's a manager of a team in which there is such a class gap between them and us. He was trying to be rational and fair about it.

Blimey, people do get upset about nothing.

Good luck to Liverpool in Kiev. I think they can match Madrid.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No problem at all with Klopp. It's not his fault he's a manager of a team in which there is such a class gap between them and us. He was trying to be rational and fair about it.

Blimey, people do get upset about nothing.

Good luck to Liverpool in Kiev. I think they can match Madrid.
This, there are plenty more arrogant,snotty and patronising managers in the Premiership than Klopp. I wish Liverpool well in the final also.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Possibly a reference to our performance over the season rather than the piss-poor (Ryan excepted) one on the day?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I assumed it was a bit of a peace offering type statement after (inadvertently?) angering Hughton when they walloped us at the Amex.

Plus its really easy to be magnanimous when you've taken the opposition to school, guaranteed a top four finish, had two players score their first goals for the club, escaped with no injuries and having everybody firing and in form for a champions league final in two weeks time.

Anyway, it's probably quite easy to read it as patronising but I doubt that was the intent.

This really. I mean, would you be happy then if he had slagged off our performance?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Klopp is a kreep. All mister happy-go-lucky nice guy when he wins, no-class graceless wanker when he loses. He could really learn a lot from CH in how to conduct himself in a dignified manner.
I'm curious - specifically when has he acted like a "no-class graceless wanker"?

el punal

Are you joking? Chris Hughton is the worst of the lot! Fist pumping, hands on hips posturing in the technical area, snarling at the opposition bench. Don’t even get me started on media conferences and post match TV appearances. :eek:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here