Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp - generous or patronising?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Yes, bit of a nob there undoubtedly. Any other incidents?

He was a complete bell towards an interviewer this season about a penalty incident. Can't remember who so I can't find it. That said, it's more difficult to find a manager who hasn't lost it after the 100th banal interview question of the day.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I think he was genuinely being nice, though I can see how it would come across as patronising. He's most likely referencing the performance of Matt Ryan, a keeper that's been linked to Liverpool over recent years and Klopp may well be a fan of. Not only did Ryan play well but he was barking orders and clearly cared about the game (unlike a few in blue and white stripes).

He's also possibly over compensating for the incident between him and CH at the Amex this season.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't see a problem with it

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Are you joking? Chris Hughton is the worst of the lot! Fist pumping, hands on hips posturing in the technical area, snarling at the opposition bench. Don’t even get me started on media conferences and post match TV appearances. :eek:

Yes. Stones and glass houses.

I think we should look a little closer to home before criticising other managers.

It's embarrassing to have such a reactionary hothead at the helm.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Honestly, some people get so precious on here. The bloke said nice things about us and that’s fair enough. What would have happened if he said that we were absolutely tonked, were mediocre opposition and that we didn’t deserve to be in the Premier League? :shrug:

Well said - totally agree :thumbsup: I like Klopp, he has been a breath of fresh air to the PL.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Surprised he didn't whinge on about the penalty claims. Unbelievable those Liverpool fans - they expect pens for merely being in the box. If you give penalties for those type of incidents you'll be getting 5 or6 pens a game! Ref gave us nothing

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes. Stones and glass houses.

I think we should look a little closer to home before criticising other managers.

It's embarrassing to have such a reactionary hothead at the helm.

Apparently, he goes through more doors (or should I say Chris' fist goes through more doors) than the family has hot dinners.
He's a regular in Homebase by all accounts.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Reading both Klopps' and Hendersons' programme notes, they were both very complimentary about our club and wary of the (very slight) risk we posed to their Champs League ambitions. Overall,I find Klopp a likeable guy who generally seems to be respectful of the opposition. Personally I think he's been a breath of fresh air and I like the style of football he promotes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone else find it a little patronising when Klopp said he was happy that his team didn't take more of their chances because 'Brighton wouldn't have deserved that'?

If we'd lost 6-0 then yes, I think we'd all agree that we would have deserved it. I don't know whether we want rival managers feeling sorry for us.

No. No I didn't think that :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here