Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Pochettino leaves Spurs - well ......

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
:wozza:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a chance but with Poccetino’s comments about spending more money and the “need more time with me or another" comment it’s sounding a bit Poyetesque for Spurs.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If real do not win the CL there is a strong thought that zidane will be shown the door and pochettino given the job. The Real president has made a few comments about how impressed he is with the way Spurs play etc.

If that happened, then it wouldn't surprise me if hughton went to Spurs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Strewth.

This thread is wild, uninformed speculation from a goon who doesn't even know when there is no fog.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
What a stupid thread. Yes Pochettino might well leave Spurs but there is no way CH would even be on their radar - he is not a top six/CL manager.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I couldn't believe Pochettino's comments, to be honest. He's certainly a more than competent manager but it sticks in the craw when managers start talking about "taking risks" when what they mean is "give me more of your money, Mr Chairman".

Because let's face it, if Daniel Levy said "OK, let's take a risk Mr P. How about I back you with £200m next season on the condition that we agree to halve your salary/bonus but quadruple it if you win either the league or Champions League", what do you think Mr "no trophies since he arrived in England" Pochettino would say in response?

Compare and contrast with Rafa Benitez, a man who has actually WON things (including the biggest thing in club football with a team not expected to do so), who joins a club doomed to relegation, sticks around to get them back up as Champions ( :down: ) and then oversees a top 10 finish when they were expected to struggle against relegation despite his own murmurings of discontent. Or Arsene Wenger, who revolutionised football here on the way to winning 3 titles, several cups, and also getting to several cup finals including the CL final - and yet just got on with it whilst having budget constraints imposed on him whilst the stadium was being built.

If you want to be given the budget of a top, top manager, then prove you deserve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here