Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - from the telly

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Average - 5.

Ryan - 7. Some good saves to keep the score down. Could do nothing with any of the goals.

Schelotto - 4. Headless chicken comes to mind. Some hapless defending and passing. We missed Bruno’s composure.

Duffy - 5. Headed and blocked all afternoon. Some awful stray passes. Lucky to get away with penalty in first half. Typical Duffy performance.

Dunk - 6. Sightly better than Duffy. Unlucky with fourth goal.

Bong - 5. Awful positional sense all game. Let Solanke get goal side for his goal. Get the cheque book out for a new LB in the summer.

Stephens - 6. Calm and composed but the Liverpool midfielders pressed him hard all game. Tough day for the Albion CM.

Propper - 6. Same as Stephens. Managed to carry the ball out a couple of times.

Kayal - 5. Game just passed him by in the middle of the park. Don’t recall many passes or tackles made. Probably last appearance in an Albion shirt.

Knockaert - 6. Full of running and energy. Provided a wide outlet. Good battle against TAA.

March - 5. Was he even playing?! Went missing. Couldn’t make a cross all game. Another disappointing game from him.

Locadia - 4. Lazy and disinterested. Couldn’t be bothered to run the channels to provide an outlet. Seems to be carrying too much timber for me. Another Dutch Dud (Manu)? The jury is out!

Groß - 6. Better ball retention when he came on. Why was he dropped (rested)? He’s got the whole summer to rest up.

Murray - 5. Not great. Couldn’t pick a pass or make the ball stick.

Goldson - 5. Looked rusty, can’t blame him really. Tough game and score line to come into.

The Scouse Pie: 4. Utter slop! Reminded me of my school dinner.

Fans: 8. Loud and proud.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Average - 5.

Ryan - 7. Some good saves to keep the score down. Could do nothing with any of the goals.

Schelotto - 4. Headless chicken comes to mind. Some hapless defending and passing. We missed Bruno’s composure.

Duffy - 5. Headed and blocked all afternoon. Some awful stray passes. Lucky to get away with penalty in first half. Typical Duffy performance.

Dunk - 6. Sightly better than Duffy. Unlucky with fourth goal.

Bong - 5. Awful positional sense all game. Let Solanke get goal side for his goal. Get the cheque book out for a new LB in the summer.

Stephens - 6. Calm and composed but the Liverpool midfielders pressed him hard all game. Tough day for the Albion CM.

Propper - 6. Same as Stephens. Managed to carry the ball out a couple of times.

Kayal - 5. Game just passed him by in the middle of the park. Don’t recall many passes or tackles made. Probably last appearance in an Albion shirt.

Knockaert - 6. Full of running and energy. Provided a wide outlet. Good battle against TAA.

March - 5. Was he even playing?! Went missing. Couldn’t make a cross all game. Another disappointing game from him.

Locadia - 4. Lazy and disinterested. Couldn’t be bothered to run the channels to provide an outlet. Seems to be carrying too much timber for me. Another Dutch Dud (Manu)? The jury is out!

Groß - 6. Better ball retention when he came on. Why was he dropped (rested)? He’s got the whole summer to rest up.

Murray - 5. Not great. Couldn’t pick a pass or make the ball stick.

Goldson - 5. Looked rusty, can’t blame him really. Tough game and score line to come into.

The Scouse Pie: 4. Utter slop! Reminded me of my school dinner.

Fans: 8. Loud and proud.

You're generous. Is 4 your base for turning up?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If Schelotto is starting next season we're f*****d.

Also need upgrades on March and Duffy as well as the obvious CM and striker

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You're generous. Is 4 your base for turning up?

I always think sub 4 rating is space to work into for truly abysmal performances. For instance if Schellotto had, in addition to his terrible performance today, smashed one into his own net then got sent off, a 1-3 could be applied.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got home. We were really pretty crap, Liverpool could have had 6 or 7 easily. Good weekend away otherwise though.

Ryan - 8 - stopped us getting embarrassed
Bong - 5 - second poor game in a row
Dunk - 7 - wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in a red kit next time we play them
Duffy -7 - amazing goal line block, usual array of headers
Schelotto - 4 - awful
Stephens - 7, very poor for their first (I think) but otherwise carried us a bit
Kayal - 6 - tried hard but struggled
March - 4 - loads of mistakes, poor crosses when he had the chance, failed to run forward when we had the ball, completely ignored Lovren’s run for his header. Big, big disappointment this season
Propper - 6 - struggled to make any impression
Locadia - 5 - our tactics were daft, no point lumping the ball to him in the air when he has VVD to deal with. Feel a bit sorry for him....also had a couple of fantastic first touches. His workrate looks poor though.
Knockaert - 7 - one of the few that looked up for it

Murray - 6 - did ok, at least he got his head on a few
Goldson - 6 - looked rusty
Gross - 6

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 7

Schelotto 3
Duffy 5
(sub: Goldson 71, 5)
Dunk 5
Bong 5

March 4
Pröpper 5
Stephens 5
Knockaert 5

Kayal 5
(sub:Groß 57, 5)

Locadia 3
(sub: Murray 57, 4)

Outclassed

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I always think sub 4 rating is space to work into for truly abysmal performances. For instance if Schellotto had, in addition to his terrible performance today, smashed one into his own net then got sent off, a 1-3 could be applied.

4/10 is the accepted mark for ' poor '
So, on that basis.......
3/10....' very poor '
2/10....' abysmal '
1/10....' for putting his kit on the right way round and walking out the tunnel in a straight line '

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Objectively our worst performance of the season - we were on the beach. Liverpool were class and we were gash today.

Ryan - 8. Kept the score down frankly, easily our best player, by miles.
Schelotto - 3. Did nothing right. Absolutely diabolical performance.
Dunk - 5. Some okay distribution but they were running rings around ol’ Dunky and Duffman.
Duffy - 5. Looked off the pace. He really, really struggles with nippy, slight forwards. Did last year too in the CH (thinking Brentford at the Amex). Hope his knock isn’t too serious.
Bong - 3.5. Marginally better than Schelotto in that he looked like he’d played in his own position before. Touch was awful, distribution awful. Another really poor game.
Pröpper - 5. Very quiet. Wasted the ball a lot. Mostly just clearances and busywork really.
Stephens - 6. Our best outfield player, but that’s not saying much. Chasing shadows at times.
Kayal - 5. Did very little of note. Not strong enough today. Again, what happened in a week?!
Knockers - 4. Didn’t track back enough. Coming off probably his best game in an Albion shirt against Man Utd, this was more like the player we’ve endured since Christmas. He and Schelotto were absolutely brutalised by Salah, et al.
March - 4.5. Poor. Doesn’t seem to ever smile? Frustrating player to watch in the final third. I never feel like he’s going to deliver “that” ball or hit a worldie. But he does track back consistently. Didn’t help today.
Locadia - 2. Had nothing to feed off all game while we were getting battered down the other end, but his attitude and body language today was dreadful. Didn’t chase anything, didn’t follow back when the ball inevitably bounced off him or he got dominated by Lovren in the air. Can’t play alone up front in the PL away against the top sides, that much was painfully clear.

Not doing subs. So there
About sums it up for me... though I would have given March a lower score, he looked like a Sunday league player...... a hungover one at that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just got home. We were really pretty crap, Liverpool could have had 6 or 7 easily. Good weekend away otherwise though.

Ryan - 8 - stopped us getting embarrassed
Bong - 5 - second poor game in a row
Dunk - 7 - wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in a red kit next time we play them
Duffy -7 - amazing goal line block, usual array of headers
Schelotto - 4 - awful
Stephens - 7, very poor for their first (I think) but otherwise carried us a bit
Kayal - 6 - tried hard but struggled
March - 4 - loads of mistakes, poor crosses when he had the chance, failed to run forward when we had the ball, completely ignored Lovren’s run for his header. Big, big disappointment this season
Propper - 6 - struggled to make any impression
Locadia - 5 - our tactics were daft, no point lumping the ball to him in the air when he has VVD to deal with. Feel a bit sorry for him....also had a couple of fantastic first touches. His workrate looks poor though.
Knockaert - 7 - one of the few that looked up for it

Murray - 6 - did ok, at least he got his head on a few
Goldson - 6 - looked rusty
Gross - 6
I think March may have just taken his fat Prem contract, stopped working hard and is coasting knowing that he has a shit load of cash in the bank..... I bet he has a 'footballers' sports car.... he just seems to have stopped trying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think March may have just taken his fat Prem contract, stopped working hard and is coasting knowing that he has a shit load of cash in the bank..... I bet he has a 'footballers' sports car.... he just seems to have stopped trying.

Last I saw he had one of the most boring cars in the squad, an uninspiring Audi estate, whereas Bruno showing his class with a Porsche (Cayman I think)

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Ryan 8

Schelotto 2
Duffy 6
Dunk 7
Bong 3

March 2
Pröpper 6
Stephens 7
Knockaert 6

Kayal 3
Locadia 2

CH 4 - Why experiment against that type of opposition. We had no outlet, we were exposed down both wings and it could have been 7-0 by the time he changed anything.

Subs couldn't affect the game but no real mistakes, all 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here