Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fixtures

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Want to play Burnley first well into the season. Give them a chance to tire themselves out/accrue a few injuries owing to the extra games caused by europa.

Hope you can rough up Watford a bit, get one of their players red-carded again before we play them at home the following week.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well this has started well. Manchester United first home match. Who has got a nephew wedding that afternoon!!!! Just hope it is moved to Sunday or Monday.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Well this has started well. Manchester United first home match. Who has got a nephew wedding that afternoon!!!! Just hope it is moved to Sunday or Monday.

I don’t think there is a chance it will be on sat , will be on tv almost certainly

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watford away fantastic start for me :thumbsup:
Looking forward to a local game for a change, instead of car park hell (M25)
I'll be the one in the home end, throwing bread at you guys.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
So annoying that we can’t now make plans for any of these fixtures. Hotels, travel would all be cheaper now but can’t take the risk because of the stupid tv companies.

How about this is an idea:

For the first half of the season (first 19 games) Sky/BT/whoever pick which games they want to see and when they want to show them. These are then fixed. The remainder of the fixtures are then picked by the computer.

At least half the season would be sorted then. Any downsides?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
So annoying that we can’t now make plans for any of these fixtures. Hotels, travel would all be cheaper now but can’t take the risk because of the stupid tv companies.

How about this is an idea:

For the first half of the season (first 19 games) Sky/BT/whoever pick which games they want to see and when they want to show them. These are then fixed. The remainder of the fixtures are then picked by the computer.

At least half the season would be sorted then. Any downsides?

No downside, but sadly SKY don't give a flying f**k about those fans who actual travel to watch their team away. God forbid they should actually be able to plan ahead with some certainty.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
All fixtures added to my phone and diary. Let’s see how many change.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So thats Manchester United in two successive home games? Wait 35 years to play them at home in the league and then two come along back to back!

Add to that drawing them in the fa cup away last season. How many years as a lower league club were we praying to draw Man Utd away for a decent away day and pay out.
First season in the PL and it happens, and I’m out of the country!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Off the top of my head: Clapham Jct - Watford Jct then Watford Jct - Liverpool Sth Parkway then change for local train to Moorfields (City Centre)
Hotels are silly money on Saturday nights so might think of staying out of the city

Thanks. Hoping it’s moved to Sunday or Friday but don’t think it will be any cheaper as a bank holiday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here